Fox show ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ tricks women into dating Prince Harry look-alike

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Fox show ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ tricks women into dating Prince Harry look-alike
WENN.COM
First posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 09:14 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, March 27, 2014 09:29 AM EDT
A Prince Harry lookalike is at the centre of a deceptive new reality TV show, in which eligible women vie to win the doppelganger's heart – unaware he is not the real British royal.
Bosses at America's Fox network have given the go-ahead for a series titled I Wanna Marry Harry, in which a ginger-haired man by the name of Matthew Hicks is given a royal makeover to look like Prince William's younger brother.
He will go on a series of romantic dates with 12 American women, all led to believe Hicks is the real deal, hoping their dreams of becoming a princess could possibly come true.
Meanwhile, the real Prince Harry has been romancing model Cressida Bonas since 2012.
I Wanna Marry Harry, which is executive produced by TV mogul Ryan Seacrest, premieres in the U.S. on May 27.
Matthew Hicks stars as a Fake Prince Harry in a new reality show on Fox.

Fox show ‘I Wanna Marry Harry’ tricks women into dating Prince Harry look-alike | Life | Toronto Sun
I Wanna Marry "Harry" on FOX

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So, these are American women so enamored of Prince Harry that they'll try to marry him but not so enamored of him as to actually follow the billions of news and gossip sites on the Royal Family (in order to know that he's not really there with them.) Does that about sum it up?

Why is it that people want to watch stupid people on television for a hour? Serious questions cuz I honestly don't get it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So, these are American women so enamored of Prince Harry that they'll try to marry him but not so enamored of him as to actually follow the billions of news and gossip sites on the Royal Family (in order to know that he's not really there with them.) Does that about sum it up?

Why is it that people want to watch stupid people on television for a hour? Serious questions cuz I honestly don't get it.

TV doesn't make any sense.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
He's about to announce his engagement to Bonas Cressidas, so all those women are out of the picture..

And he isn't allowed to marry Catholics, so they're out of the picture anyway.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'd love to see him change his mind, be edgy, progressive and marry a black chick. Wouldn't that just pissoff the pope. :lol:

Harry would be the one to do that too. and I'd laff and I'd laff...

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Only things I watch on television are sports and "Dancing with the Stars" for the precise reason you stated. I'm not interested in seeing mediocre actors play mediocre scripts, and I get my fill of stupid people being stupid right here. I'd rather watch high-achieving people trying to excel.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sometimes people only see what they want to see.

Or they have no compunctions about taking a shot at a few at the expense of many. But hey, we wouldn't want to drag you down to our level now. :roll:
Now, now, don't get upset. Didn't say everybody here was stupid. You ain't, EagleSmack ain't, Colpy ain't, Goober, El Barto, Sal, Dexter, Cliffy, petros, Cap'n, Tonington, and a whole bunch of others are clever, funny, thought-provoking, informative, and generally a good time.

But there's a good few others are dumber'n fence posts. Comes with the territory. Internet's a weird place.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Now, now, don't get upset. Didn't say everybody here was stupid. You ain't, EagleSmack ain't, Colpy ain't, Goober, El Barto, Sal, Dexter, Cliffy, petros, Cap'n, Tonington, and a whole bunch of others are clever, funny, thought-provoking, informative, and generally a good time.

All right, all right. You had me at "you ain't".

But there's a good few others are dumber'n fence posts. Comes with the territory. Internet's a weird place.

And some are just down right ornery. Must suck to be them.