Pete Seeger dies at 94

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
I play by rules established by the American left. That makes me a very hard person. That having been said, here's my take:

Pete Seeger was an American leftist. His art was an instrument of his politics and morality. As such, his music was evil. He was evil.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
McCarthy and his disciples hated him but Seeger was a Unitarian Christian and true American who embodied everything good about the USA. Unlike John Wayne, he did his time in the army during WWII and worked for peace & justice throughout the rest of his life.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Most of those filthy hippies (some of who prostituted themselves out to political parties because they had no talent or what not), many of them multimillionaires, are pretty much dead or dying anyway.

Besides, crooners is where it's at kids.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
great artist.. who spent years on the Blacklist imposed by that American Fascist Organization, the House Committee on 'Un-American' Activities.. and cemented his legend.. as an icon of real American Freedom.

Probably there are lots his causes with which i'd differ... but i recognize his courage and steadfastness in the face of the gross and ugly witch hunts of the 50s.. a great stain on American democracy to this day.

I still like to hear the Byrds singing Turn, Turn, Turn.. although We Shall Overcome started to become a bit tiresome after a while. :)

Last edited: