Ozzy Osbourne set to lead reunited Black Sabbath

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Heavy metal pioneers Black Sabbath have stormed to the top of the album charts in several countries with their new album 13.

Sabbath's loud new album 13 is a worldwide hit

The album - which was recorded in Malibu and Warwickshire - has reached No1 in countries such as the US, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and Sabbath's native UK.

In the UK it is the Brummies' first No1 album in 43 years, since Paranoid in 1970 when Ted Heath was Prime Minister and Jimi Hendrix was still alive. This is a record for the longest time between No1 albums for an artist in the UK. The band has now beaten Rod Stewart’s short-held record after the 68-year-old singer went to number one in May with album Time 37 years after his last studio success.

Speaking of knocking Stewart off the record, Osbourne, 64, said it was a reflection of the ageing rock stars knowing their “craft” in contrast to today’s stars.

“It's great,” he said. “But Rod's the same as us, we've got something other people haven't got.

“It's all manufactured b------- these days. But the likes of Rod, and Elton John and us have got something different. We know our craft."

Black Sabbath - vocalist and harmonica player Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler - are now planning a UK tour, playing London’s O2 Arena in December, followed by shows in Belfast, Sheffield, Glasgow and Manchester.

The band also revealed that they will probably make another album.

Hell's house band: Black Sabbath have returned to their roots

Speaking as the chart was announced on Sunday night, Osbourne said: “I don't know either way. We're still reveling in coming back with this.

“There probably will be another album, but I don't want to promise anything to anyone. It took us long enough to do this, and we can't wait another 43 years to have another No 1.

“If it comes to pass we don't make another record, then I can rest easily knowing we finished things properly with 13.”

Sabbath have also said that original drummer Bill Ward is also welcome back into the band should he ever wish to rejoin them. Bill refused to take part in the new album over contract issues. Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk played drums on 13.

Black Sabbath score first number one in 43 years - Telegraph

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sabbath had more success last night. The band saw 13 win the Best Album prize at the Metal Hammer Golden Gods awards bash.

They were also named Best Band at the event staged in London's IndigO2 last night.​

"God Is Dead?", from their new album, was released on 19th April and reached No6 in the UK Rock Charts.​

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
LOL...coming from a guy that put out this gem, that's pretty funny.

There is nothing manufactured about Ozzy or Sabbath.

Unlike many of the artists in the charts nowadays they never had to win The X-Factor or Britain's Got Talent or had to rely on Simon Cowell or Louis Walsh to make it big. Sabbath made it big because they started playing good music - in fact, they invented a whole genre of music known today as heavy metal - and then they were noticed by people who signed them up.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
What pubs will they be playing in? Are they going to team up with Uriah Heap and Foghat?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Interesting, the life cycle of old bands. Lead singer breaks it up to go solo and make more money. The money from the solo gig dries up as fewer and fewer people recognize the singer, creating the need to reunite which gets some free promo and a fresh new income source.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Interesting, the life cycle of old bands. Lead singer breaks it up to go solo and make more money. The money from the solo gig dries up as fewer and fewer people recognize the singer, creating the need to reunite which gets some free promo and a fresh new income source.

I think you would have had to spend the whole of your life deaf and blind to not recognise Ozzy Osbourne.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think you would have had to spend the whole of your life deaf and blind to not recognise Ozzy Osbourne.
That just means your old. Kids are the lifeblood of the music industry and about .00001% would know who he is.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Just ask any of the hairbands (save a very few) from the 80's. They used to fill up stadiums... now they tour the clubs.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I l,ove Ozzy. Saw him probably 5 or 6 times as a teenager. Once with Randy Rhoads! I'd rather stick with those memories. No Black Sabbath tix for me. Stone Sour tix though!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm always afraid they will drop dead in front of me on stage...don't move too much bud all those drugs have done a truck load of damage and they might just be hanging on by a thread waiting to explode 8O

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm always afraid they will drop dead in front of me on stage...don't move too much bud all those drugs have done a truck load of damage and they might just be hanging on by a thread waiting to explode 8O
Old men screaming is cool enough but to see old screaming men explode, that is worth seeing.