Tarantino isn't a monkey

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
or your slave or...whatever. Buddy is a self-promoter sure but a neo-whack job. Couple of halfway decent movies but geez.

Promoting Oscar-nominated Django Unchained, which had its premiere in London last night, Quentin Tarantino refused to repeat his position on violence in movies during an interview with Channel 4 Evening News host Krishnan Guru-Murthy. Asked about the link between movie violence and real violence, Tarantino responds in the video below: “Don’t ask me a question like that – I’m not biting.” When asked why, he says, “Because I refuse your question. I’m not your slave and you’re not my master. You can’t make me dance to your tune. I’m not a monkey.” Saying he was doing the interview as “a commercial for the movie,” Tarantino elaborates, “I don’t want to talk about the implications of violence… The reason I don’t want to talk about it: cause I’ve said everything I have to say about it. If anyone cares what I have to say about it, they can Google me and they can look for 20 years what I have to say. But I haven’t changed my opinion one iota.” Guru-Murthy later presses, “But you haven’t said why you think there’s no relationship”, to which Tarantino exclaims, “It’s none of your damn business what I think about that!… And I’m shutting you down.” The exchange in question begins at about the 4:30 mark:

[VIDEO] Quentin Tarantino's Heated UK Interview -- "I'm Not Your Slave"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
No. No he's far too tall to be a monkey.

And it would appear that he still hasn't switched to decaf either.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
He and Alex Jones should have a fireside chat.

Sure, if by chat you mean "No one here is getting out alive." lol

I've always firmly believed that if you revved up the speed on Tarantino's speech high enough, heads would explode. Think 'Scanners'.