Star Trek 'Into Darkness' teaser

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It looks like a comic book super hero movie. Unfortunate. We already have enough of those around. I was really hoping they'd get someone other than JJ Abrams to direct the sequel. I can't stand lens flares - or a person directing who admits he doesnt care for Star Trek and that he wants to make it more like Star Wars. We already have Star Wars, just like we already have big budget movies which are basically montages of action sequences. I'd prefer something new or at least different.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Another Star Trek ....Alright!.Can't wait..I've seen and liked them all..
"Into Darkness" (into The Dark Theatre (or At home, with the lights out...(Sound up!)..))
I will go...

Sounds/Looks Good..

Make it so ..

:)

Last edited:

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
Doesn't seem like the old series, which was thought-provoking. This one, like the previous one, comes across as an adventure movie.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I can't wait to see the movie. Ol' Gary Mitchell makes his movie debut I believe.;)

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can't wait to see the movie. Ol' Gary Mitchell makes his movie debut I believe.;)

I definitely prefer that to Khan which is another popular rumour. I didn't really care for "Where No Man Has Gone Before" so if it is Mitchell I may enjoy it.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I definitely prefer that to Khan which is another popular rumour. I didn't really care for "Where No Man Has Gone Before" so if it is Mitchell I may enjoy it.

Gary Mitchell makes more sense, especially since they mentioned that it is a "threat from within the Federation", something which Khan never was a part of. Gary was part of Starfleet when he received his powers, and he would be a good personal foil to Kirk. Of course, both Kirk and Mitchell had been in Starfleet longer than they (or at least the current Kirk) have been in the new continuity.

I'm wondering how many movies will pass before they bring in the Borg. With the old continuity being shunted(it's still there, but in a different reality), the "neutering" of the Borg hasn't happened, and they are lurking somewhere in the far reaches of space. Of course, Q would have to make an appearance for that to happen, wouldn't it?;)