Canadian Made on History Channel

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
History Channel is also airing a new half-hour series called Canadian Made. The quirky, humorous and entertaining series highlights Canadian products and inventions, many that are world-leading.

“Canadian Made is about Canada’s national tradition of invention, improvement and design – astonishing in its range and genius, yet totally unheralded at home and abroad. Each episode of Canadian Made explores the heritage, science, incredible people and inspiring (or heartbreaking) stories of three inventions that, together, reflect an aspect of the Canadian character. Delightfully narrated by the freakishly multi-talented Rick Miller, Canadian Made weaves a dizzying array of documentary, animation, skits, recreations and computer graphics into a new perspective on Canadian history that is amazing, exhilarating and sure to inspire pride.”

Canadian Made - On TV - History Television

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
There is a lot of Canadian made documentaries and theatrical on the subject of Canadian history but the Canadian History channel is too cheap to put it on and too cheap to produce new shows. In the beginning the Canadian History channel dealt with the subject of War like if that was the only thing that happened in Canada. I am talking about WW1 and WW2 then the war movies came like the Guns of whatever. Canada has a rich history like pioneer life and the fur trade and the French love with the beaver fur, which I heard, has not changed much over the years. The National Film Board and the CBC has lots of historical films in the can ready to be shown, Whenever the Canadian History channel gets off their behinds and run it like a serious TV station and get a more responsible program director then that’s when the Canadian History channel will start to shine.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
There is a lot of Canadian made documentaries and theatrical on the subject of Canadian history but the Canadian History channel is too cheap to put it on and too cheap to produce new shows. In the beginning the Canadian History channel dealt with the subject of War like if that was the only thing that happened in Canada. I am talking about WW1 and WW2 then the war movies came like the Guns of whatever. Canada has a rich history like pioneer life and the fur trade and the French love with the beaver fur, which I heard, has not changed much over the years. The National Film Board and the CBC has lots of historical films in the can ready to be shown, Whenever the Canadian History channel gets off their behinds and run it like a serious TV station and get a more responsible program director then that’s when the Canadian History channel will start to shine.
From what i see recently on any channel,the obsession on RS has taken center stage,real history has been pushed back to fill holes in the programmation.

The give the public what the public demand apparently,and the public in question are the low IQ ones "we do not want intelligent people,we want sheeps"

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
From what i see recently on any channel,the obsession on RS has taken center stage,real history has been pushed back to fill holes in the programmation.

The give the public what the public demand apparently,and the public in question are the low IQ ones "we do not want intelligent people,we want sheeps"

I love the history channel for the most part.
Maybe the high IQ peeps are too busy watching southpark.