Osombie: The Axis of Evil Dead

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hey Ron, have to you seen the British comedies "Lesbian Vampire Killers"? Or "Shawn of the Dead"?

Two incredibly hilarious flicks.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There are few good movies these days in my view. I don't like the shoot em ups, or
cars blowing up, I hate space movies and I dislike the vampires and zombies and all
that crap. I gave up on the movies haven't been to a theatre since Moores 9 11
film. There is better stuff on TV and even that is suspect in my opinion.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Hey Ron, have to you seen the British comedies "Lesbian Vampire Killers"? Or "Shawn of the Dead"?

Yep. Those were pretty damned funny.

Me too. You'll love "Lesbian Vampire Killers". Same genre and with the same dry Brit wit.
Haven't seen that. Anna watched something called "Thralls" one time. I glanced a few times at it, and it seemed fairly funny, too.

But then we laugh through almost any vampire, zombie, etc. flick. It's entertainment. Light-minded nonsense.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
lol I wonder when the zombie fad will end and what comes next. Killer hedgehogs?

Nope. The current trend is leaning towards the Fables. There are new television series, Once Upon A Time and Grimm, and there are upcoming movies about them(Snow White, etc.)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I loved Shawn of the Dead. They've done a few others too, Run Fatboy Run was pretty good as was Paul. Not horror spoofs but both written by Simon Pegg. Funny, not as good as Shawn but still funny.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Nope. The current trend is leaning towards the Fables. There are new television series, Once Upon A Time and Grimm, and there are upcoming movies about them(Snow White, etc.)
Oh, I've seena couple episodes of Grimm. Seems that the name "Grimm" is incidental to Grimm brothers' faerie tales, though.
Personally, I hope there are new episodes of Warehouse 13 coming. That show is a howl and a half.

Maybe someone will invent an new dwarf called "Horny" sometime.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I've seen a few episodes of Grimm, personally I think it should be a little darker. Seems a little meh to me. Needs more of an edge to it.

Haven't seen the other one though.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Oh, I've seena couple episodes of Grimm. Seems that the name "Grimm" is incidental to Grimm brothers' faerie tales, though.
Personally, I hope there are new episodes of Warehouse 13 coming. That show is a howl and a half.

Maybe someone will invent an new dwarf called "Horny" sometime.

I've only seen Season 1 of Warehouse 13(I own it on DVD). It is a very good show! One of my favourites, actually, and that cliffhanger...wow!

I'd check out Once Upon A Time, Les, as it is a very interesting show. It's made by some of the creators of Lost, and they even throw some Lost Easter Eggs into the episodes. I am really digging it!

I've seen a few episodes of Grimm, personally I think it should be a little darker. Seems a little meh to me. Needs more of an edge to it.

Haven't seen the other one though.

If you can find the episodes, I would check it out for sure! They've only got the last 3 episodes up at CTV(for a time, they had them all!), so you would have to go another route to watch them.

The problem for Grimm is that it is on a network station. There is only so much that they can get away with, as opposed to a cable station like HBO or the like. Dexter is a good example. A show like that would never fly on NBC or ABC as so much of the show would have to be changed so much to allow for the networks to air them that they would no longer be the show(s) that people enjoy so much.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
If you can find the episodes, I would check it out for sure! They've only got the last 3 episodes up at CTV(for a time, they had them all!), so you would have to go another route to watch them.

I'll look for it then. I had started watching American Horror Story as well but then it went on hiatus and I lost track of it, but it was pretty good as well. Quite spooky and revealing enough of the 'mystery' each episode to keep you hooked.

The problem for Grimm is that it is on a network station. There is only so much that they can get away with, as opposed to a cable station like HBO or the like. Dexter is a good example. A show like that would never fly on NBC or ABC as so much of the show would have to be changed so much to allow for the networks to air them that they would no longer be the show(s) that people enjoy so much.

It doesn't really need to be Dexter dark, although I do love Dexter. Look at Supernatural, it can be a bit dark sometimes yet also some funny stuff and it's on network tv. I just think Grimm is too 'cute' for lack of a better term, I love the premise of it though.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I was a bit disappointed that they killed off the gay lie-detector, though. I remember thinking there must be some gadget in the Warehouse that would revive him. If I can find it I will check out "Once Upon ...."

Ack! If that happens after season 1, I didn't know about that! Spoilers!!! Of course, if that happened in Season 1 and I just forgot about it, then nevermind. LOL!

I'll look for it then. I had started watching American Horror Story as well but then it went on hiatus and I lost track of it, but it was pretty good as well. Quite spooky and revealing enough of the 'mystery' each episode to keep you hooked.

It doesn't really need to be Dexter dark, although I do love Dexter. Look at Supernatural, it can be a bit dark sometimes yet also some funny stuff and it's on network tv. I just think Grimm is too 'cute' for lack of a better term, I love the premise of it though.

American Horror Story is on a channel I don't get, so I will be picking it up on DVD when it comes out(or on DVD when it drops in price;) ).

Supernatural is an excellent show! I own the first 6 seasons on DVD(I got season 6 done in about 3 days!). I think that Jensen Ackles is a superb actor, as he can play drama, comedy, and tragedy with the best of them. I particularly liked the Season 2 episode with the Djinn(I'm sure you know which episode I'm talking about ;) ). I also loved the Season 6 episode where they ended up in the "real world". It was hilarious! "Dean, grimly. Where do we find this key?". Great stuff! LOL!