ringtone during violin solo

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
has anyone here made that mistake?

if it happened to me, i would be absolutely mortified.

Nokia ringtone during concert of classical music - YouTube

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
has anyone here made that mistake?

if it happened to me, i would be absolutely mortified.

Nokia ringtone during concert of classical music - YouTube

I'd be mortified as well. It's one of the reasons that my cell is always on vibrate. Those funky ringtones that sound really neat when you're selecting them at home can, at times, be rather weird to hear when you're out in public, lol.

I liked the reaction of the violinist. Even though he would have had every right to be upset, he took it in stride and decided to have some fun.

That was a very classy move on his part!

And to answer your question, spammy, no it's never happened to me as I don't own a cellphone.;)

Really? I get a lot of use out of mine, but mostly for email and messaging, rarely for phone use.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Really? I get a lot of use out of mine, but mostly for email and messaging, rarely for phone use.

I also don't have a Facebook account(even though my cousins keep pestering me to get one!).:lol:

I've got Skype, though.:)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I also don't have a Facebook account(even though my cousins keep pestering me to get one!).:lol:

I've got Skype, though.:)

I don't have Facebook either. Or Twitter for that matter. I find the cell very handy for keeping in touch with my kids though, they both live in Eastern Ont. I use Viber (a Skype-type program) on my cell, so texting and phone calls are "free" (they go over the wifi or my data plan when I'm out). I find it handy.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My phone has a real loud ring tone because, I walk a lot with music in my ears.

One time, I was at a funeral, and forgot to shut the phone off....
I was just about to go outside to turn it off because even the noise it makes while shutting down (a Telus) would disturb the service, when the light came on.

I just took out the bloody battery.....:smile:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My phone has a real loud ring tone because, I walk a lot with music in my ears.

One time, I was at a funeral, and forgot to shut the phone off....
I was just about to go outside to turn it off because even the noise it makes while shutting down (a Telus) would disturb the service, when the light came on.

I just took out the bloody battery.....:smile:

LOL. Probably the fastest battery removal in history, no doubt!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Oh, It hadn't rung yet, It was just a preventive measure......another guy who had seen me do that, promptly did the same thing...:smile:

Ah gotcha. I read it as the light that comes on a fraction of a second before it starts to ring. (A lot of the phones I've had are like that).

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That would be the highlight of the performance. I would never have that problem because I would never be dragged into a place like that as long as I am breathing.

Didn't even know a fiddle could be made to sound that bad.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Here is a little story that probably only Roman Catholics will understand.....
I was about 18 or 19 at the time and had gone with my cousin on the Saturday evening Easter candle lighting ceremony, the hour before the Midnight Mass.
In that ceremony, which at the time was held at the back of the church, and there is practically no lights in the church, The big candle is decorated by the priest, then it is lit first then they light all the other candles of the altar boys with that light, which is then passed on to everyone in the church.

Now a prerequisite of that ceremony is that the original light must comes from the "stone" or a flint and a lighter covers that.
My cousin and I were in the last pew, where I usually sat....The priest had forgot his lighter, and knew I smoked, so he came to ask me for mine.....I promptly lied and told him I forgot mine at home and kicked my cousin so he would keep his mouth shut.

When the priest had finally found one and was far enough away, my cousin asked me why I had lied.
When I took my lighter out and showed it to him, he understood and we had a hard time keeping from laughing all through Mass, because the priest was an old man and not a good sport.

My lighter was one of those, with a windup chime thingy that played a tune every time it was lit. And this one gave a good version of "How dry I am, How dry I am"

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I don't have Facebook either. Or Twitter for that matter. I find the cell very handy for keeping in touch with my kids though, they both live in Eastern Ont. I use Viber (a Skype-type program) on my cell, so texting and phone calls are "free" (they go over the wifi or my data plan when I'm out). I find it handy.

Nice to see that neither of us are Twits.;)

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
No worries, lol, being bad is not necessarily a bad thing. ;)

And I'm sure you would have meant it in the nicest way possible.

Of course I would!

But it would all depend on what sort of punishment you would be doling out.

I know, I know...bad shivvie!