bag of bones

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Read the book. I dont watch regular cable anymore so cant say I will see it. Although, after IT was made into a 2 Part television starring John Boy from The Waltons I kinda lost hope. I could get behind a television adaption of a King book if it was directed by someone like Frank Darabont or brought to the small screen by FX or AMC.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Read the book. I dont watch regular cable anymore so cant say I will see it. Although, after IT was made into a 2 Part television starring John Boy from The Waltons I kinda lost hope. I could get behind a television adaption of a King book if it was directed by someone like Frank Darabont or brought to the small screen by FX or AMC.

Watched part of it last night - looks good and creepy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I watched The Stand before reading the book. Although the book is better, the TV version was quite good (good actors and I believe King was involved directly in the sceenplay).

Also have seen Shawshank Redemption and Stand By Me and they were pretty good as movies although I have not read the books.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I watched The Stand before reading the book. Although the book is better, the TV version was quite good (good actors and I believe King was involved directly in the sceenplay).

The stand was okay

Also have seen Shawshank Redemption and Stand By Me and they were pretty good as movies although I have not read the books.

Shawshank was directed by Darabont and Stand by Me by Rob Reiner, both very good directors. I think that was a turning poing for King adaptions in film. But the drek before it, like Cujo, The Dead Zone, Firestarter, good god.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I'm with you on the John boy thing, although Tim Curry as Pennywise was a stroke of briliance, imo.

Those films are the best King adaptations I think. Awesome books and excellent movies.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Watched both parts on A&E last night and really enjoyed them. Thought the script stayed pretty close to the book from what I remember reading. Pierce Brosnan certainly is aging well.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Watched both parts on A&E last night and really enjoyed them. Thought the script stayed pretty close to the book from what I remember reading. Pierce Brosnan certainly is aging well.

yum -
I remember watching he and stephanie zimbalist, (in their old
TV show,) name escapes me at the moment, and wondered what their children
(if they were married, which they weren't) would look like, and they would have
hair so thick it would be bullet proof.

I was always amazed by their hair.

I still haven't seen part 2, I better look for it before it disappears alltogether.

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The stand was okay

Shawshank was directed by Darabont and Stand by Me by Rob Reiner, both very good directors. I think that was a turning poing for King adaptions in film. But the drek before it, like Cujo, The Dead Zone, Firestarter, good god.

The first Pet Semetary wasn't overly bad. It was certainly a lot better than the "sequel".

I really enjoyed the book. My dad taped it, and I am going to watch it tomorrow. If it is even close to the book, I'll be very happy. I also hope it will be a lot better than Rose Red. That mini series was pretty boring to be honest.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
yum -

I still haven't seen part 2, I better look for it before it disappears alltogether.

Remington Steele - YouTube

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
yum -

It was Remington Steele. It used to be my favourite show. I had a bit of a crush on Miss Holt (Stephanie Z) at the time.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It was Remington Steele. It used to be my favourite show. I had a bit of a crush on Miss Holt (Stephanie Z) at the time.

yes, remington steele, watched it all the time too, had a bit of a crush on pierce brosnon, maybe just his
hair, i'm a hair person, probably because i've never had the priviledge of having thick hair, the kind that
just falls into place, I have to work hard everyday to make my hair look nice, yeah, jealous, thats the
word.
I understand that Miss Holt has gained many pounds since those remington steele days, she was also in
the mini series, centennial, she was gregory harrisons wife, till she was bitten and killed by a rattle
snake. She was very young and pretty then too,(and yes, again, the hair ughhhh, so beautiful,)