On a positive note for a change

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Beautiful music beautiful people and the permanent human message of longing for hope & change. There is this to consider though, every generation must endure the human condition and every generation must feel and be moved by despair. There is no other way to make the choices we must make. Have no fear, the worlds people have always existed best united in the struggle to unite.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
What did you think of the video?
The video was great. There is another one very similar and even more up-beat that just makes you want to go out and shake the hands of everyone - maybe even give them all a hug.

Beautiful music beautiful people and the permanent human message of longing for hope & change. There is this to consider though, every generation must endure the human condition and every generation must feel and be moved by despair. There is no other way to make the choices we must make. Have no fear, the worlds people have always existed best united in the struggle to unite.
I agree with what you say DB, but no one should have to endure that, day in and day out. It's just so much nicer to reach out to understanding people rather than those who are so insecure with their own lives that they strike out all too frequently. What's wrong with being peaceful with each other. Charity begins at home and so does Peace.
So many little children watch their parents screaming and yelling at each other or worse. Then usually the divorce comes. Their little lives are turned upside down. It all feels so wrong. No peace anywhere in their lives. For many, that's when the bullying at school starts because they are vulnerable. Often the ones doing the bullying are the ones who are having a poor home life. I think people who were bullied in life grow up to be bullies - just because they can be.
World peace can only happen one city at a time and then one country at a time. How I wish.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The video was great. There is another one very similar and even more up-beat that just makes you want to go out and shake the hands of everyone - maybe even give them all a hug.

I agree with what you say DB, but no one should have to endure that, day in and day out. It's just so much nicer to reach out to understanding people rather than those who are so insecure with their own lives that they strike out all too frequently. What's wrong with being peaceful with each other. Charity begins at home and so does Peace.
So many little children watch their parents screaming and yelling at each other or worse. Then usually the divorce comes. Their little lives are turned upside down. It all feels so wrong. No peace anywhere in their lives. For many, that's when the bullying at school starts because they are vulnerable. Often the ones doing the bullying are the ones who are having a poor home life. I think people who were bullied in life grow up to be bullies - just because they can be.
World peace can only happen one city at a time and then one country at a time. How I wish.

In other times and other places the human world was one of peace and plenty. But that blissful state only exists to be forgotten and relearned in perpetuity, that is the eternal struggle which is the wellspring of compassion and love, long have we thought to hold it firm without effort but it can't be kept except through direct knowledge, they say. Charity does begin at home and peace too, but we must also learn to love our enemies. You won't let anyone tell you a bullet is more powerful than a hug, will you? Good for you, and for me.