Nickelback. Another Canadian symbol?

insomniac178

Sep 29, 2011
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Hi guys! Surfing in Net I came across a sentence claiming that Nickelback is another (non)official symbol of Canada? What do you think of it?

As for me I can say that thay can write great songs. I like "how you remind me" and "saving me". What do you reckon?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No it's not. We hate Nickelback thanks to being played every 10 mins thanks to goofy content laws. Not only that but they are from Alberta and the only good thing that ever came out of Alberta was an empty bus. If I saw them walking down the street I'd run them over with my truck.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Isn't there a radio station in Calgary that is advertising being Nickelback free? I should send them $10 just because.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Hi guys! Surfing in Net I came across a sentence claiming that "________________________" .

What do you reckon?[/QUOTE

Sorry man but...

I reckon you should stay off the internet.

I also found some juicy background info on these Nickledime douchebags you should read:

http://www.dafk.net/what/

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Isn't there a radio station in Calgary that is advertising being Nickelback free? I should send them $10 just because.

Reminds me of a story from Robert Plant. He heard a station promise never to play Stairway to Heaven, so he called them up and gave them some money.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Can't say. I have never listened to a Nickelback song. But that is not surprising as I stopped listening to commercial radio about three decades ago and tend to turn off the CBC when it plays the music of some minor Canadian talent I have never heard of.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
1) Nickelback is a decent band: their problem is the CRTC's rules governing Canadian content on the ariwaves and the inability of the Canadian music industry to keep producing talent capable of meeting the CRTC's guidelines.
2) They are not the blight on Canada culture that Ann Murray, Celene Dion and Bryan Adams are
3) Petros is just jealous of Alberta because he's stuck in Saskawhatchamacallit and we closed the border to his type of Eastern Creeps and Bums back when King Ralph was in office...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
There are 2 or 3 Nickelback songs that I actually enjoy, but for the most part I find most of their songs to sound too similar for my tastes. Having to hear them numerous times on a shift due to the stupid rules is highly annoying. I would prefer variety!