John Fogerty

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I grew up on CCR. From Susie Q to Mardi Gras, there wasn't a dud in the lot. Favourite? All of them....

Yeah me too. I remember listening to them at parties my parents threw. My Mother was a huge fan.

10 thumbs up...

Springsteen commented that John Fogerty is the Hank Williams of our time. CCR certainly has left the world with a legacy.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
"Arena rock"?

Yeah, the 'Born in the USA' years.

The music wasn't nearly as good as the first few albums, it was typical big arena rock music, not the well crafted stuff that he did before, and after. stuff made to be played loudly over sound systems in an echo-filled arena to 50,000 to 100,000 people. It's not the same.

Good music can be played to a crowd of 25 in a small bar, and sound even better.

The screen door slams, Mary's dress waves
Like a vision she dances across the floor as the radio plays
Roy Orbison singin for the lonely
Hey, that's me, and I want you only
Don't turn me home again, I just can't face myself alone again

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yeah, the 'Born in the USA' years.

The music wasn't nearly as good as the first few albums, it was typical big arena rock music, not the well crafted stuff that he did before, and after. stuff made to be played loudly over sound systems in an echo-filled arena to 50,000 to 100,000 people. It's not the same.

Good music can be played to a crowd of 25 in a small bar, and sound even better.

The screen door slams, Mary's dress waves
Like a vision she dances across the floor as the radio plays
Roy Orbison singin for the lonely
Hey, that's me, and I want you only
Don't turn me home again, I just can't face myself alone again
Gotchya...

That would be why I really don't like him, he seems to have to force it out in a scream or yell.

It always sounds a little monotone when he does that.

I do like his rendition of "The Ghost of Tom ones" though.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That would be the song that put me over the edge.

On my radio, only every single song Brian Adams ever wrote got overplayed more than that song.

FK, I hate Brian Adams.

Gotchya...

That would be why I really don't like him, he seems to have to force it out in a scream or yell.

It always sounds a little monotone when he does that.

I do like his rendition of "The Ghost of Tom ones" though.

I love the album 'Nebraska', it's a great thing to listen to with a bottle of scotch.