John Fogerty

In Between Man
Anyone who's been on a road trip with me knows that John Fogerty/CCR is a must, and I like to crank it loud!

Hot Rod Heart:

John Fogerty - Hot Rod Heart HD Johnno - YouTube

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilkoView Post

Fogerty is a boring bitter old hack who's voice (such as it was) left him decades ago.

Holy crap, project much.

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I saw "CCR" in Elliot Lake a few years back and left very disappointed.

WTF did you expect in the northern Ontario bush - The Beatles?

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Holy crap, project much.

Playing country music-a classic definition of Has Been

John Fogerty Blue Moon Nights - YouTube

In addition some backwoods doofus here thinks Fogerty still has his own hair!!!!

lone wolf

WTF did you expect in the northern Ontario bush - The Beatles?

Why don't you go see The Beatles? Your chances are as good as mine.

Ever heard of Elton John?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Playing country music-a classic definition of Has Been

John Fogerty Blue Moon Nights - YouTube

In addition some backwoods doofus here thinks Fogerty still has his own hair!!!!

Dude you might want to put down that drink.

gerryh
WTF???????????????? What did RCS get banned for?

damngrumpy
Brian Adams, Gordon Lightfoot, Anne Murray and all the others got overplayed because
we have a Radio Can Con regulation that 30% of the music played must be Canadian.
Recorded in Canada, Performer, music and lyrics Canadian.
I have so many that could be in the ranks of CCR, Once group I really liked was Blood
Sweat and Tears. Grand Funk Railroad and Country Joe and the Fish were alright as
well. Jefferson Airplane was alright.
Damn every time you folks start this thing with music groups I end up in the basement
hauling oldies upstairs for two day of vinyl. I always liked the music of Paul Simon and
Bob Dylan as we..

WLDB
Bob Dylan is awesome. Seeing him live will likely be one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Been a huge fan of his more than half my life. Leonard Cohen too. Totally different type of music, but they have similar lyrical roots.

relic
HAH,Fogerty couldn't pass as roadie for Crazy Horse,I always have a Young tape in my truck.

lone wolf
+1
Neil Young is great. Funny how a guy who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket can make it so far up the ladder....

Retired_Can_Soldier
Young is also a powerhouse of talent.

bill barilko
Speaking of bitter old man anyone remember this classic Fogerty whine?

JOHN FOGERTY-ZANZ KANT DANZ ATLANTIC CITY NJ 091110 - YouTube

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

His rendition?

Yes, his rendition.

Quote:

He wrote it.

And it's been covered by other artists.

I wasn't overly thrilled with their renditions, therefore, I like his rendition.

Was that really that hard to grasp?

Man, if you really wanted to point something out, how about the fact that I said "Jones" and not Joad.

Don't ask me why I had Tom Jones on my mind. Since he sucks.
Last edited by CDNBear; Sep 11th, 2011 at 02:47 PM..

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
There are some artists I never really cared for. Michael Jackson comes to mind, I but would never dispute that he had talent. Some critics are bitter for reasons only they can understand. People can go off about about Fogerty all they want, his music and legacy doesn't need their haters endorsement, it stands up all on its own.

CDNBear
+1

There are some artists I never really cared for. Michael Jackson comes to mind, I but would never dispute that he had talent. Some critics are bitter for reasons only they can understand. People can go off about about Fogerty all they want, his music and legacy doesn't need their haters endorsement, it stands up all on its own.

Yep...

TenPenny
+3

I never liked Michael Jackson, from the time he first appeared, to when he sang to a pet rat, to the newer stuff. None of it ever appealed to me, not even the Saturday morning cartoon show.

He was talented, but absolutely unappealing to me.

SLM
+2
Some people get overly invested in their hate of music; specific artist or genre, whatever. I never got that. Don't like it, don't friggin listen.