Break Bad is Bad Ass

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I started watching a series that has been around for a few years, but only available on AMC. The series is called Breaking Bad and it stars Bryan Cranston (formerly the father on Malcolm in the Middle)

Quick Synopsis:
Breaking Bad is the story of Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a struggling high school chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with advanced lung cancer at the beginning of the series. He turns to a life of crime, producing and selling methamphetamine with a former student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), with the aim of securing his family's financial future before he dies.[5]
This series follows Walt White as he goes through his cancer treatment and is also transformed from introvert teacher into a narcissistic sociopath. I highly recommend this, but it is not for the faint of heart. Not unlike Tony Soprano you will find yourself identifying with Walt's struggles, but as his character evolves you always aware that he is anything but a good guy.

Check it out.

Breaking bad trailer - YouTube

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
It's my favourite show on TV, Brian Cranston is awesome in it, quite a departure from his "Malcolm in the middle" days.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
On the recommendation of a co worker, I've downloaded Seasons 1 and 2 via torrents, some time when the kids aren't around, I'm going to watch it.

AbtFet

Time Out
Jul 23, 2011
Yea I don't normally watch television shows because they're crap. Breaking Bad is excellent though, season 4 airing right now.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Sold.

Not on netflix. :(

Will be waiting with bated breath.

Mental, do you get the US Netflix? It's quite easy to do, such a better selection and your Canadian account works fine with it.

Subscribe to unblock-us (one week free trial) Change your router DNS to one's provided, load up netflix, boom, US version with 100x the content.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Mental, do you get the US Netflix? It's quite easy to do, such a better selection and your Canadian account works fine with it.

Subscribe to unblock-us (one week free trial) Change your router DNS to one's provided, load up netflix, boom, US version with 100x the content.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I started watching a series that has been around for a few years, but only available on AMC. The series is called Breaking Bad and it stars Bryan Cranston (formerly the father on Malcolm in the Middle)

Quick Synopsis:
This series follows Walt White as he goes through his cancer treatment and is also transformed from introvert teacher into a narcissistic sociopath. I highly recommend this, but it is not for the faint of heart. Not unlike Tony Soprano you will find yourself identifying with Walt's struggles, but as his character evolves you always aware that he is anything but a good guy.

Check it out.

Breaking bad trailer - YouTube

you are surely a product of the glittering box in the corner

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
From the sounds of it, next season is going to be the last.8O

I haven't watched the show yet, but have heard from numerous people that it is excellent. I'll try and pick it up on DVD sometime in the future.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've been interested in this show for a while now, I've heard nothing but good things about it. I'll definitely rent the dvd's but probably hold off until the final season is out. I was joking with someone the other day that I'm so used to watching tv on dvd now that I find it too frustrating to have wait a week between episodes or, God forbid, several months between seasons.

Talk about spoiled eh? Lol.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
We are completely up to date on it.

Binged for about a week and I have to say it is probably one of the best shows I have seen on TV in a long time. If you haven't seen this series I highly recommend it.