Freddie Mercury - deserves his own thread

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
haven't figured out how to thumbs up a thread...so this will have to do....BIG thumbs up. Queen with Freddie Mercury are timeless.

I remember when Wayne's World came out in 92. My oldest, he was 12 at the time, was going wild over this new group Queen. My wife and I had a good chuckle with that one.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's hard to believe that's 25 years ago. Where has the time gone?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I completely agree that he deserves his own thread. What a great performer and a talented artist. Did anybody know that he was Parsi (and not British, like most people believe) and he is probably the most successful Parsi?

Furthermore, he died of complications due to AIDS and we recently marked the 30th anniversary of the start of the epidemic. Seeing him in those videos so far that've been posted in this thread (except for petros), you can really see how he was affected by the H-I virus up until the last publicly available photos.

... even his live videos (which Live Aid requires 100%) are amazing ...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
haven't figured out how to thumbs up a thread...so this will have to do....BIG thumbs up. Queen with Freddie Mercury are timeless.

I remember when Wayne's World came out in 92. My oldest, he was 12 at the time, was going wild over this new group Queen. My wife and I had a good chuckle with that one.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to give a thread a Thumb's Up. I usually give the OP one in a later post in the same thread(whenever it's feasible).

Queen had numerous songs that totally kicked ass. Freddie Mercury just had that "voice", one that was unique in it's capacity to garner emotions from the listeners.:)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Funny how in a lot of hearts and minds he is still as fresh as he was when he was alive.
RIP dood

In tribute:
[youtube]thyJOnasHVE[/youtube]
one of my favorite movie moments

especially on sacd HD 24 bit extrasuper high resolution
cranked

Last edited: