Fido Advisor didn't do anything to resolve the issues

honeyboy

Oct 27, 2010
I wanted the offer she a customer service representative made to me which was as follows:-
unlimited incoming and outgoing call in all over Canada. 2,500 text messages, voice mail and caller ID, 6GB Data plan. Cost of this plan is 40.40 +tax for 3 years. an upgrade or down grade of the data plan with no penalty can be provided during the next 3 years. A new iphone 4 can be given with those FIDO $$$240.27. . I can get that plan right away as soon as I can collect the phone from FIDO dealer or apple store. My new billing cycle is 21st of October. I can avoid paying old price I I have the iphone 4 before 21st of October 2010. she forced me to take the same plan for $55.00. meaning she didn't do anything for me. In addition she give me a thread as if I do not take this plan I will have to pay over $60 with no text message as well as data plan.I refused to take that plan and i made another complain to commissioner for complaints for telecommunications services. This complaint was made after the better business bureau. Next complain might be to the Office de la Protection du Consommateur. if they want to make too much $$ from me, they will have to go thru them. Enough is enough. i can't handle them anymore.
I have a wish for them:-They will go to bankrupt very soon same as GM..

I am with Microcell FIDO since December 26, 2001. I always wanted to have a better plan with many cell phone companies. It is not always easy for the reason that every time I sign up with the verbal contact I am locked 2 or 3 years. While I am with FIDO I see better services offered by so many times however If ever I wanted to break the contract for better service with better companies, FIDO would penalize me with amount of dollars. That means I am permanently locked up with Microcell FIDO. Every time I locked up with Fido, I gain some experiences too… Here are some sorts of experiences.
Supervisor: - I am not sure if there are any particular super visors in any FIDO locations. With all due respect: Every time they get back to me or I have them online, they sound to me same as telemarketers. Finally what they do is not different than customer service agents. They just do continuation as if he or she was an agent. I am including only last two conversations with super visor here because of timing delay.
Tanya: - I spoke with her about 2 months ago from now for the reason that I couldn’t read the bill. They were too much microscopic and blurry. I can’t even read them with reading glasses. They are humanly impossible to read. I have no idea why those bills are not readable. I suffer for those bill all the times however I couldn’t resolve the issue for the reason that every time I call to the customer services, they take forever to have their clients on the phone. I have lost one or two hours many times of my life for the reason that I wanted to have a customer service agent with me on the phone. It is not only that I do not get customer service agent at all many times after holding the line. I do get agent on the phone sometimes. And that is another super difficult experience. They just can’t do anything about any issues. They pretend that they can resolve all those issues which they don’t. Then if I had to beg to get a supervisor, sometimes they come on the phone sometimes they don’t. So, I decided to make an online complaint. And again whoever replies from that online complaint they say they are the agent. Soon after they changed they are not the agent. They are actually supervisor. And if I want to make sure that they are the actual super visor or not. They introduce that they are in charge of customer relations. I found Tanya actually from a customer service agent who decided to pass her. Maybe she had nothing to do in that day. So she decided to come to talk to me. After that she made some promises.
1. She will make sure that past 6 months bill will be sent to me by mail at no cost
2. She will document every of our conversations in the system
3. If I need to cancel the service with FIDO, I must call 30 days in advance before the expiry date
4. That 30 days before the expiry date is exactly 20th of October etc.

I never believed that I have an agreement with FIDO in order to cancel the service 30 days in advance. I didn’t see any promised were filled up by Tanya. I never received any bills by mail.

So I called to know what was going on about the promised with Tanya and some other issues such as: some long distance bills, text messages, and last 6 months bills.
Her name is: <<CLIPPED BY MODERATOR>> at 8:25 AM for 26 minutes to collect some information such as where to complaint or so. I faxed a complaint to Complaint department to:- Fido Solutions Inc., Office of the President, 800 de La Gauchetière St. West, Suite 4000, Montréal, Quebec, H5A 1K3, Phone:-514-937-2121, Fax: - 1 514 937-2554 as well as FIDO online customer service. Few days after I receive a phone call from Edward Horner / Team Leader, Fido Solutions Inc. - Rogers Communications. I was busy at that time. So he had to call back after thanks giving holidays Wednesday evening. He also tried to resolve some issues which he emailed me what he would do for me. I can’t provide you that email because of this at the bottom of his letter:-
This e-mail (and attachment(s)) is confidential, proprietary, may be subject to copyright and legal privilege and no related rights are waived. If you are not the intended recipient or its agent, any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. All messages may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations and our policies to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and you are deemed to have accepted any risk if you communicate with us by e-mail. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail (and any attachments) from any computer or any storage medium without printing a copy. Ce courriel (ainsi que ses pièces jointes) est confidentiel, exclusif, et peut faire l’objet de droit d’auteur et de privilège juridique; aucun droit connexe n’est exclu. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé ou son représentant, toute étude, diffusion, transmission ou copie de ce courriel en tout ou en partie, est strictement interdite et peut être illégale. Tous les messages peuvent être surveillés, selon les lois et règlements applicables et les politiques de protection de notre entreprise. Les courriels ne sont pas sécurisés et vous êtes réputés avoir accepté tous les risques qui y sont liés si vous choisissez de communiquer avec nous par ce moyen. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser immédiatement et supprimer ce courriel (ainsi que toutes ses pièces jointes) de tout ordinateur ou support de données sans en imprimer une copie.
But I can say what was promised in that email. I will receive the past 6 month’s bills again at no additional cost since I receive nothing from Tanya. He gave me $9.50 credit because of their mistake. And FIDO does not have any 3rd party who can provide long distance services. As a matter of fact, BUZZ telecommunication Inc is their 3rd party who provide long distance service. I got that service before from them. My last bill was jumping too high. So I wanted to check what was going on. Then I found out that I receive Fido long distance bill. Not any discount with buzz. Michael a supervisor of buzz called me today (October 22, 2010, that they are losing the business because of FIDO miss management. I have his voice in my records too that can be provided upon request. I call that company. They said that FIDO is still good. So I should not be receiving that much bill.
I called to cancel the contract on 20th of October. A customer service reprehensive talked with me to avoid cancellation. Technically my contract should expire on 26th of December because I was always with contract with FIDO. 20 days in advance should be exactly 26th of November, 2010. But s responsible super visor Tanya gave me that date 20th of October, 2010. She set up for me 2 best plans to keep me as a client of FIDO.
Contract # 1 is as follows: - unlimited incoming and outgoing call in all over Canada. 2,500 text messages, voice mail and caller ID, 100 MB Data plan. Cost of this plan is 33.40 +tax first 2 years and 3rd year will be 38.40+ taxes. In addition I can upgrade or down grade the data plan with no penalty. Unlimited plan will be locked this time and a new iphone 4. I also can use my FIDO $$$ which is $240.27. I can get that plan right away as soon as I can collect the phone from FIDO dealer or apple store. My new billing cycle is 21st of October. I can avoid paying old price I I have the iphone 4 before 21st of October.
Contract # 2 is as follows:- - unlimited incoming and outgoing call in all over Canada. 2,500 text messages, voice mail and caller ID, 6GB Data plan. Cost of this plan is 40.40 +tax for 3 years. an upgrade or down grade of the data plan with no penalty can be provided during the next 3 years. A new iphone 4 can be given with those FIDO $$$240.27. . I can get that plan right away as soon as I can collect the phone from FIDO dealer or apple store. My new billing cycle is 21st of October. I can avoid paying old price I I have the iphone 4 before 21st of October
I had some long distance bill $78.96 + tax which is not resolved yet by the buzz telecommunications I told that representative. She told me that it is not a problem. Since I am a loyal customer, I will have one week time to take care of it. Apple store might ask about this bill. In this case, they will have to make a phone call to FIDO. And everything should be fine.
So I tried to collect the iphone 4. I try every possible way to get one. Everywhere I go, they told me that they out of stock. Finally I made some phone calls to see where I can find the phone. I saw that apple store receive some iphones everyday and clients are lining up to get the new iphone. They actually have plenty of iphone but when they want to give us with contract, we have to get it their way. Yesterday very early in the morning I had to stay in line to have an appointment for a new iphone in Laval. I need to cross st-laurent river 2 times which 35(return 35x2=70 KM) kilometers distance from my home and lots of traffic. They gave me an appointment at 12:30 PM to collect the iphone. I went there at 12:15 PM but there was another small line to stand. After talking with 3 representatives I was Mr. Kush (a service representative of apple store) he took my photo ID to make sure if I was the right person. Then he checked my information with FIDO on the computer. He saw some outstanding bill. I told Mr. Kush to call customer service. And they will know what text was written in my file. But it was not the same again. I have to pay the full bill up front. So I used my credit card to pay 182.96 to get the phone. Kush even got the confirmation # for that. But FIDO refuse to agree that payment was made. Anyway he gave me the phone finally. Not sure exactly why. He also told me that I will get additional $50.00 FIDO $$ because of my 3 years contract. I even saw that in the screen. So my actual FIDO $$ becomes now 240.27+ 50= 290.27. Also from the current Kush also told me that if I break the contract with FIDO, I have to pay $510.00 to apple store. And new phone was activating right away and old phone is deactivating as well. He also told me bill I should be getting some FIDO $$$ . All in all I should have at least $300 FIDO $$ by next billing cycle. I can be ready to use my new iphone. I can call customer service to activate my service.
Now with this information I got from FIDO and apple store, in my mind I have to keep my contract with Fido by any price. Then I come home. And I made a call to customer service to have everything in order. After holding the line for about 2 hours a service rep came online to speak with me. And he put me on hold several times. Then another person comes to talk to me. He told me,”how I may help you?” I wanted to know if he was joking with me or not. Then he told me that I can’t have this plan. $40.40 plans because he has to do some remedy on the plan which would be $55. I even told him that I called to cancel the line and Wei Wei (a FIDO service rep) gave me the plan I took. Now you are telling me another story. Then he told me to return the phone to apple store by today. I called to customer service again today 22nd of October, 2010 to get some more info to resolve the issue and if I can take some more time to return the phone. He told me that I have 15 days time. He also told me that I can’t return if the phone I used more than 30 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:

ihatecells

Nov 25, 2010
I wanted the offer she a customer service representative made to me which was as follows:-
unlimited incoming and outgoing call in all over Canada. 2,500 text messages, voice mail and caller ID, 6GB Data plan. Cost of this plan is 40.40 +tax for 3 years. an upgrade or down grade of the data plan with no penalty can be provided during the next 3 years. A new iphone 4 can be given with those FIDO $$$240.27. . I can get that plan right away as soon as I can collect the phone from FIDO dealer or apple store. My new billing cycle is 21st of October. I can avoid paying old price I I have the iphone 4 before 21st of October 2010. she forced me to take the same plan for $55.00. meaning she didn't do anything for me. In addition she give me a thread as if I do not take this plan I will have to pay over $60 with no text message as well as data plan.I refused to take that plan and i made another complain to commissioner for complaints for telecommunications services. This complaint was made after the better business bureau. Next complain might be to the Office de la Protection du Consommateur. if they want to make too much $$ from me, they will have to go thru them. Enough is enough. i can't handle them anymore.
I have a wish for them:-They will go to bankrupt very soon same as GM..

I am with Microcell FIDO since December 26, 2001. I always wanted to have a better plan with many cell phone companies. It is not always easy for the reason that every time I sign up with the verbal contact I am locked 2 or 3 years. While I am with FIDO I see better services offered by so many times however If ever I wanted to break the contract for better service with better companies, FIDO would penalize me with amount of dollars. That means I am permanently locked up with Microcell FIDO. Every time I locked up with Fido, I gain some experiences too… Here are some sorts of experiences.
Supervisor: - I am not sure if there are any particular super visors in any FIDO locations. With all due respect: Every time they get back to me or I have them online, they sound to me same as telemarketers. Finally what they do is not different than customer service agents. They just do continuation as if he or she was an agent. I am including only last two conversations with super visor here because of timing delay.
Tanya: - I spoke with her about 2 months ago from now for the reason that I couldn’t read the bill. They were too much microscopic and blurry. I can’t even read them with reading glasses. They are humanly impossible to read. I have no idea why those bills are not readable. I suffer for those bill all the times however I couldn’t resolve the issue for the reason that every time I call to the customer services, they take forever to have their clients on the phone. I have lost one or two hours many times of my life for the reason that I wanted to have a customer service agent with me on the phone. It is not only that I do not get customer service agent at all many times after holding the line. I do get agent on the phone sometimes. And that is another super difficult experience. They just can’t do anything about any issues. They pretend that they can resolve all those issues which they don’t. Then if I had to beg to get a supervisor, sometimes they come on the phone sometimes they don’t. So, I decided to make an online complaint. And again whoever replies from that online complaint they say they are the agent. Soon after they changed they are not the agent. They are actually supervisor. And if I want to make sure that they are the actual super visor or not. They introduce that they are in charge of customer relations. I found Tanya actually from a customer service agent who decided to pass her. Maybe she had nothing to do in that day. So she decided to come to talk to me. After that she made some promises.
1. She will make sure that past 6 months bill will be sent to me by mail at no cost
2. She will document every of our conversations in the system
3. If I need to cancel the service with FIDO, I must call 30 days in advance before the expiry date
4. That 30 days before the expiry date is exactly 20th of October etc.

I never believed that I have an agreement with FIDO in order to cancel the service 30 days in advance. I didn’t see any promised were filled up by Tanya. I never received any bills by mail.

So I called to know what was going on about the promised with Tanya and some other issues such as: some long distance bills, text messages, and last 6 months bills.
Her name is: <<CLIPPED BY MODERATOR>> at 8:25 AM for 26 minutes to collect some information such as where to complaint or so. I faxed a complaint to Complaint department to:- Fido Solutions Inc., Office of the President, 800 de La Gauchetière St. West, Suite 4000, Montréal, Quebec, H5A 1K3, Phone:-514-937-2121, Fax: - 1 514 937-2554 as well as FIDO online customer service. Few days after I receive a phone call from Edward Horner / Team Leader, Fido Solutions Inc. - Rogers Communications. I was busy at that time. So he had to call back after thanks giving holidays Wednesday evening. He also tried to resolve some issues which he emailed me what he would do for me. I can’t provide you that email because of this at the bottom of his letter:-
This e-mail (and attachment(s)) is confidential, proprietary, may be subject to copyright and legal privilege and no related rights are waived. If you are not the intended recipient or its agent, any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. All messages may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations and our policies to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and you are deemed to have accepted any risk if you communicate with us by e-mail. If received in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail (and any attachments) from any computer or any storage medium without printing a copy. Ce courriel (ainsi que ses pièces jointes) est confidentiel, exclusif, et peut faire l’objet de droit d’auteur et de privilège juridique; aucun droit connexe n’est exclu. Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé ou son représentant, toute étude, diffusion, transmission ou copie de ce courriel en tout ou en partie, est strictement interdite et peut être illégale. Tous les messages peuvent être surveillés, selon les lois et règlements applicables et les politiques de protection de notre entreprise. Les courriels ne sont pas sécurisés et vous êtes réputés avoir accepté tous les risques qui y sont liés si vous choisissez de communiquer avec nous par ce moyen. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser immédiatement et supprimer ce courriel (ainsi que toutes ses pièces jointes) de tout ordinateur ou support de données sans en imprimer une copie.
But I can say what was promised in that email. I will receive the past 6 month’s bills again at no additional cost since I receive nothing from Tanya. He gave me $9.50 credit because of their mistake. And FIDO does not have any 3rd party who can provide long distance services. As a matter of fact, BUZZ telecommunication Inc is their 3rd party who provide long distance service. I got that service before from them. My last bill was jumping too high. So I wanted to check what was going on. Then I found out that I receive Fido long distance bill. Not any discount with buzz. Michael a supervisor of buzz called me today (October 22, 2010, that they are losing the business because of FIDO miss management. I have his voice in my records too that can be provided upon request. I call that company. They said that FIDO is still good. So I should not be receiving that much bill.
I called to cancel the contract on 20th of October. A customer service reprehensive talked with me to avoid cancellation. Technically my contract should expire on 26th of December because I was always with contract with FIDO. 20 days in advance should be exactly 26th of November, 2010. But s responsible super visor Tanya gave me that date 20th of October, 2010. She set up for me 2 best plans to keep me as a client of FIDO.
Contract # 1 is as follows: - unlimited incoming and outgoing call in all over Canada. 2,500 text messages, voice mail and caller ID, 100 MB Data plan. Cost of this plan is 33.40 +tax first 2 years and 3rd year will be 38.40+ taxes. In addition I can upgrade or down grade the data plan with no penalty. Unlimited plan will be locked this time and a new iphone 4. I also can use my FIDO $$$ which is $240.27. I can get that plan right away as soon as I can collect the phone from FIDO dealer or apple store. My new billing cycle is 21st of October. I can avoid paying old price I I have the iphone 4 before 21st of October.
Contract # 2 is as follows:- - unlimited incoming and outgoing call in all over Canada. 2,500 text messages, voice mail and caller ID, 6GB Data plan. Cost of this plan is 40.40 +tax for 3 years. an upgrade or down grade of the data plan with no penalty can be provided during the next 3 years. A new iphone 4 can be given with those FIDO $$$240.27. . I can get that plan right away as soon as I can collect the phone from FIDO dealer or apple store. My new billing cycle is 21st of October. I can avoid paying old price I I have the iphone 4 before 21st of October
I had some long distance bill $78.96 + tax which is not resolved yet by the buzz telecommunications I told that representative. She told me that it is not a problem. Since I am a loyal customer, I will have one week time to take care of it. Apple store might ask about this bill. In this case, they will have to make a phone call to FIDO. And everything should be fine.
So I tried to collect the iphone 4. I try every possible way to get one. Everywhere I go, they told me that they out of stock. Finally I made some phone calls to see where I can find the phone. I saw that apple store receive some iphones everyday and clients are lining up to get the new iphone. They actually have plenty of iphone but when they want to give us with contract, we have to get it their way. Yesterday very early in the morning I had to stay in line to have an appointment for a new iphone in Laval. I need to cross st-laurent river 2 times which 35(return 35x2=70 KM) kilometers distance from my home and lots of traffic. They gave me an appointment at 12:30 PM to collect the iphone. I went there at 12:15 PM but there was another small line to stand. After talking with 3 representatives I was Mr. Kush (a service representative of apple store) he took my photo ID to make sure if I was the right person. Then he checked my information with FIDO on the computer. He saw some outstanding bill. I told Mr. Kush to call customer service. And they will know what text was written in my file. But it was not the same again. I have to pay the full bill up front. So I used my credit card to pay 182.96 to get the phone. Kush even got the confirmation # for that. But FIDO refuse to agree that payment was made. Anyway he gave me the phone finally. Not sure exactly why. He also told me that I will get additional $50.00 FIDO $$ because of my 3 years contract. I even saw that in the screen. So my actual FIDO $$ becomes now 240.27+ 50= 290.27. Also from the current Kush also told me that if I break the contract with FIDO, I have to pay $510.00 to apple store. And new phone was activating right away and old phone is deactivating as well. He also told me bill I should be getting some FIDO $$$ . All in all I should have at least $300 FIDO $$ by next billing cycle. I can be ready to use my new iphone. I can call customer service to activate my service.
Now with this information I got from FIDO and apple store, in my mind I have to keep my contract with Fido by any price. Then I come home. And I made a call to customer service to have everything in order. After holding the line for about 2 hours a service rep came online to speak with me. And he put me on hold several times. Then another person comes to talk to me. He told me,”how I may help you?” I wanted to know if he was joking with me or not. Then he told me that I can’t have this plan. $40.40 plans because he has to do some remedy on the plan which would be $55. I even told him that I called to cancel the line and Wei Wei (a FIDO service rep) gave me the plan I took. Now you are telling me another story. Then he told me to return the phone to apple store by today. I called to customer service again today 22nd of October, 2010 to get some more info to resolve the issue and if I can take some more time to return the phone. He told me that I have 15 days time. He also told me that I can’t return if the phone I used more than 30 minutes
Good luck bud, why don't you also ask them to include a free foot massage once a week?? Lol,. You have to be reasonable when you ask for stuff and as a consumer that has changed 3 companies in the last year, i am telling you, you want too much, 55 for that plan is an amazing price and you stll bitch and complain???
Wow...

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Good luck bud, why don't you also ask them to include a free foot massage once a week?? Lol,. You have to be reasonable when you ask for stuff and as a consumer that has changed 3 companies in the last year, i am telling you, you want too much, 55 for that plan is an amazing price and you stll bitch and complain???
Wow...

It looks like honeyboy was a one-post drive-by so I doubt you'll be getting an answer.;)