No help from Telus

cranjb

Oct 7, 2010
We received a call from a Telus telemarketer around the 1st of Sept. We bought two LG Chocolate cell phones.
When we got the phones I called back telling their Sales office in Montreal that we did not like them and wanted them changed.
To make a long story short we sent the phones back on the 15th. And they received in on the 16th. (According to Puralator)
I have been calling everyday since then about getting my new phones. Their excuses are different every day. I was also told their supervisors dont take complaint calls. I have given the run around ever since .I am at the end of my tether. I have been told that there is no one else I can take this problem to.
I finally spoke to their Customer Care Dept. After putting me on hold for about 10 min. the line got disconnected. After 15 min of being transferred around I was connected to a Jacob. Sorry he was no help at all.

I have already paid my bill due on the 1st of October and we haven’t even used the phones.

We are currently Telus customers for our home and Air card.
I have emailed the but to no avail.

What can I do?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Try not paying your bill that usually gets their attention. There are lots of telecommunication alternatives out there; switch to one of them a tell Telus to drop dead.

Of course, you could always do what I do - tell the Telus marketers and others that I do not have a cell phone and don't want one. But then again I am rather old-fashioned in that regard.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We received a call from a Telus telemarketer around the 1st of Sept. We bought two LG Chocolate cell phones.
When we got the phones I called back telling their Sales office in Montreal that we did not like them and wanted them changed.
To make a long story short we sent the phones back on the 15th. And they received in on the 16th. (According to Puralator)
I have been calling everyday since then about getting my new phones. Their excuses are different every day. I was also told their supervisors dont take complaint calls. I have given the run around ever since .I am at the end of my tether. I have been told that there is no one else I can take this problem to.
I finally spoke to their Customer Care Dept. After putting me on hold for about 10 min. the line got disconnected. After 15 min of being transferred around I was connected to a Jacob. Sorry he was no help at all.

I have already paid my bill due on the 1st of October and we haven’t even used the phones.

We are currently Telus customers for our home and Air card.
I have emailed the but to no avail.

What can I do?

Report it to the CRTC.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Drop the 'C' word.... "I'm sorry, but since we are paying and can't get phones, I need to CANCEL this contract. No, I won't pay a cancellation fee since you haven't fulfilled your end of the contract."

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Are you talking to someone in the Philippines? Ask. If you are ... find out how to talk to someone in Canada ... that helps a little, but will still result in a really strange experience. If you want to make a complaint, you have to do it online, as they do not take complaints ... they told me that too.

Telus has really gone downhill in terms of quality and service. My experience with them left me feeling like I was living in a third world country.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've had serious problem or two with Telus but they are resolvable, once you send a complaint to the C.R.T.C. along with a letter of complaint to Darren Entwistle (head honcho of Telus) telling him that if he doesn't solve the problem it will appear on the editorial page of every daily newspaper in the province. That procedure worked quite quickly for me. :lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I sometimes wonder if those telephone operators have a code letter that they put besides your name so that when another operator pulls up your file they react accordingly.....so if you have been "branded" as pleasant they are nice to you and if you are an a$$hole they react accordingly.
There is no percentage in beeing mean to a service department person:smile:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I've had serious problem or two with Telus but they are resolvable, once you send a complaint to the C.R.T.C. along with a letter of complaint to Darren Entwistle (head honcho of Telus) telling him that if he doesn't solve the problem it will appear on the editorial page of every daily newspaper in the province. That procedure worked quite quickly for me. :lol:

My latest experience with them was that they insisted on coming to my house when they knew I would not be home to repair the land line. When I told them that they could not access the house, they said "no problem", as there was a short on the line outside of the house.

I returned home at the end of the day to find a notice on my doorknob saying they came to fix the line, no one was home, so if I really wanted the problem fixed, I had to reschedule. It was one of the most bizarre experiences I've had, complete with them asking me for an alternate phone number so they could phone me when they arrived to tell me that they arrived and for me to then tell them, again, that I would not be at home regardless of whether they were at my house, and phoned.