Telus problem??? Naahh!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I have a telus prepaid....and this morning, during my walk, I try to use it only to find out I had forgotten to recharge my account that had $40 left in it...so I stop by the corner store and buy a $10 top up.
When I get home I try to log in to my account to find out by how long I was late only to find out that my usual login name had been changed to my emai addy...
I finaly get in to find out I was late by only 5 hours...so I dial the telus help line # and when I finaly got a live person at the other end, using my friendliest appologetic voice, I explain my predicament of my $40 loss to the gentleman at the other end.
He turned out to be in a good mod because I approched him right and put the fourty buck back in my account
(You do catch more bees&bears with honey than vinegar);-)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Telus update..:smile:
Yesterday, I find out that I can't buy a replacement battery for my cell phone (Too old..... outdated) so I buy a new one...
The guy at the store charges me $8 to program the phone then tells me that Telus was gonna charge me $25 to activate at the other end.....so I didn't argue with him...
A few minutes ago I call Telus customer care again and gently explain to the lady at the other end (in my sweetest tone) that my phone being so old that I couldn't get a replacement battery meant that I was a long time customer and it would be nice of them to void the activation fee.....and she did.
My wife was listening the whole time....
She said...you never talk to me that way....I asked her..Have you got 25 bucks for me???.....then I ran:lol:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
My telus house phone stopped working yesterday, so I went online to request a repair. After pushing numerous buttons, including my phone number, and all sorts of other information, and waiting on hold for 25 minutes, I found myself speaking to someone that I really couldn't understand. She wanted my phone number, which I gave her 3 times. She couldn't understand me either. After many "pardon me"s, I found myself talking to another person with an equally confusing accent. I was calling with a telus cellphone about a telus house phone, and the line was breaking up. I asked where the person was for us to have such a bad local connection. She is in the Philippines. I was asked to unplug my phone ... uhm ... it's plugged in behind the book shelf, so no, I'm not going to move the book shelf to unplug it. After much back and forth discussion, they told me they would send a repair person on the 23rd between 8 and 5. I said that was not okay, because I was out. They said "no problem", just give them a phone number, and they'll call me when they arrive. I said sure, you know my phone number already, but it doesn't work, and I will be out. They said they would come anyway. I asked if I should leave my door unlocked, to which they said that it would be a safety hazard for them, and they wouldn't be allowed to enter. Okay. Round and round we went. We established that I need to have a second phone so they can come to my house when I'm not home, and then phone me to tell me that they're here. Fed up, I said I'd like to contact someone to file a complaint. They said sure, go to the internet. So, I said, I need a second phone to have the first one repaired, and if I don't like that, I need the internet to tell someone about it. Enough ... finally, I said I wanted to disconnect my phone. They gave me another number, but it's only office hours. Is it in Canada? They think so. I've been with telus since I was old enough to use the telephone, but to find that I'm now using a third world phone service ... shocking, ridiculous, and unacceptable.

The phone started working again an hour later. Today, I came home and sure enough, no dial tone. I have the same silly conversation with the people in the Philippines.

I need a new home phone service since I refuse to be a customer of a third world phone ... and this will no doubt lead to more problems and delayed phone service.

I cannot believe that Canadian companies are forcing Canadians to function in 3rd world ways.

Anyone know of a reliable Canadian phone company?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Weird, calling from Fort St John or from Edmonton, on mobility or land line service, I've never gotten a call centre that sounded anything but Canadian.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Weird, calling from Fort St John or from Edmonton, on mobility or land line service, I've never gotten a call centre that sounded anything but Canadian.

I'm curious. Try calling the repair line ... the number is 310 2255 ... ask if they're in Canada, and then ask if they're in the Philippines.
About TELUS | Contact Us | Key Phone Numbers
Maybe it's a gag website ... the service is certainly "just for laughs".