switching from contract to pay as you go

yamaru
i have a few quesitons.
my friend was scammed into buying a rogers contract for 3 years by someone she knows. she's been told by the girls family that the girl will not pay it she's a liar and a scammer. she wants to cancell the contract but wants to know the penalty and is there a way to possibly change it to pay as you go just to make it so that there's no real severe crazy bill. or would it just be better to cancell the 3 year contract? help please?

karrie
888-764-3771 is the Roger's customer inquiry line. She can ask them all these questions herself. They don't generally want customers ticked at them, and will likely try to find a solution.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by yamaruView Post

i have a few quesitons.
my friend was scammed into buying a rogers contract for 3 years by someone she knows. she's been told by the girls family that the girl will not pay it she's a liar and a scammer. she wants to cancell the contract but wants to know the penalty and is there a way to possibly change it to pay as you go just to make it so that there's no real severe crazy bill. or would it just be better to cancell the 3 year contract? help please?

You're friend buys Rogers products through a personal acquaintance?

Unforgiven

i have a few quesitons.

How does your friend enter into a contract with Rogers without dealing with Rogers?

yamaru
unforgiven your not understanding.. she got the contract under her name for her friend....

yamaru
thanks i'll let her know.

DurkaDurka
It will cost her a couple hundred dollars minimum to cancel the contract.

karrie

unforgiven your not understanding.. she got the contract under her name for her friend....

I didn't quite understand that either. Tell her not to mention that little bit, it won't gain her sympathy from the Roger's associates.

#juan
Quote:

Quoting yamaru unforgiven your not understanding.. she got the contract under her name for her friend....

So, because the "friend" wasn't old enough or didn't have the credit rating, or whatever, she signed on for the friend. That was very generous of her because she will now pay for everything including the penalties.

DebraB
Hi: My daughter is into the second year of a Rogers plan for a cellular phone and she caused water damage to her phone(unrepairable), and I want to get her a prepaid Rogers phone because it's less expensive but keep it on the monthly plan. Can I put her Sim card from her old phone( which is not prepaid but monthly) into the prepaid phone?

Thank you.

taxslave

That was rather stupid of you wasn't it.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by DebraBView Post

Hi: My daughter is into the second year of a Rogers plan for a cellular phone and she caused water damage to her phone(unrepairable), and I want to get her a prepaid Rogers phone because it's less expensive but keep it on the monthly plan. Can I put her Sim card from her old phone( which is not prepaid but monthly) into the prepaid phone?

Thank you.

PHONE ROGERS. THEY are your service provider... THEIR JOB IS TO TELL YOU WHAT IS AND ISN'T POSSIBLE. A bunch of random people on the internet don't know more than Rogers themselves.