Walkie Talkie Rules And Regulations in Canada?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Dunno. Good question.

You can buy walkie-talkies in any CTC outlet.

I gave mine away since I can't walk and talk at the same time :laughing6:

Welcome to CC.

:tard:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I hope there aren't regulations, since I've used them for snowmobiling and such. I know the Home Hardware never told me they're regulated in any way when I payed my bucks for them.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Walkies used to be governed under the same rules regarding radio spectrum and "citizen's band radios".... anything less than 100Mw doesn't requrie licensing but beyond that, it's a crap shoot. Government in Canada at one time required that you pay a "license fee" for both citizen band radios and walkies over 100mw. Not sure what the regs are now but my advise is to ignore them. When Radio Shack offered CB radios cheaper than dirt everyone who could imagine a use for one went out and bought one... I've never heard of the government goons chasing anyone for using either without this "license"....

I called the appropriate office of the Fed many years ago and was told that the license fee for cell phones was to "preserve the radio spectrum".... What this means in terms of walkies and CB radios is that so long as they're not overmodulating or have been tinkered with to exceed the output power limits....interfering with 'regular' broadcast feqs...it's just another way for our government to move money from your pocket to theirs...

That's what it's been about whereever you look when it comes to the Canadian government. A fee for using radio spectrum...a fee to register firearms....a fee for this and a fee for that...meanwhile these scum (politicians and government) do nothing collect enormous salaries and protect the wealthy....

FQk em.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If kids are using them, there can't be a lot of regulation. If I recall it right, anything that couldn't broadcast over a mile was considered a toy. For the most part, CB became a toy just after Smokey and the Bandit.

XM4244561 we down, Bye-bye

Woof!