Sony Ericsson K790 and K800 Rogers WAP Settings

tombstonex

Aug 28, 2007
I was having issues, and i searched the web for the settings, i did find some settings that worked, however the site was slow, and software i was using to synce Google Calendar to my Mobile through goosync . com kept timing out. I finnally found settings that do not time out and still allow me to get online. Thought i would share them. These are for my K790a but it should work for K800 and k790 models forsure
Menu >> Connectivity >> Data Communications >> Data Accounts >> New Account >> PS data >> My Rogers Data (Give it whatever you want for a name)

APN: goam.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap​
(Now you have to save it and then when it goes back to Data accounts, select the one we just made and click edit)
Login Request: off
Allow Calls: Automatic
IP Address: ...
DNS Address: 207.181.101. 4
Authentication: PAP (Check Marked)
Data Compression: OFF
Header Compr: OFF​
Now we have to create the Internet Profile
Menu >> Connectivity >> Internet Settings >> Internet Profiles >> New
Name: My Rogers Net (Give it whatever you want for a name)
Connect Using: My Rogers Data (The data account we just made)
(Now you have to save it and then when it goes back to Internet Profiles, select the one we just made and click More >> Settings)

Use Proxy: Yes
Proxy Address: 010.128.001.069
Port Number: 80
Password: wap
(Save Settings)​
And lastly we need to change the Home Page
From the Internet Profiles Page, select the profile we just made (My Rogers Net) >> More >> Advanced >> Change homepage

Name: Rogers Home (Name it whatever you want)
Address: http :// mymobilehomepage.rogers . com​

tombstonex

Aug 28, 2007
So i started having some troubles with the config i poisted a while ago. My syncing stopped working, the main things i changed were my internet plan. I was using more data. So i upgraded to the $19.99 package. Anyways this is beside the point, i was poking around online and i found that it seems the APN changes once you switch packages, (notsure if this is correct). The new settings also seem Alot Faster
Change the APN from ' goam.com ' to ' internet.com '
Also remove the proxy portion.
The settings should look like this if you have an internet Plan
Menu >> Connectivity >> Data Communications >> Data Accounts >> New Account >> PS data >> My Rogers Data (Give it whatever you want for a name)

APN: internet.com
(Now you have to save it and then when it goes back to Data accounts, select the one we just made and click edit)
Login Request: off
Allow Calls: Automatic
IP Address: ...
DNS Address: 207.181.101. 4
Authentication: PAP (Check Marked)
Data Compression: OFF
Header Compr: OFF
Now we have to create the Internet Profile
Menu >> Connectivity >> Internet Settings >> Internet Profiles >> New
Name: My Rogers Net (Give it whatever you want for a name)
Connect Using: My Rogers Data (The data account we just made)
(Now you have to save it and then when it goes back to Internet Profiles, select the one we just made and click More >> Settings)

Use Proxy: no
(Save Settings)
And lastly we need to change the Home Page
From the Internet Profiles Page, select the profile we just made (My Rogers Net) >> More >> Advanced >> Change homepage

Name: Rogers Home (Name it whatever you want)
Address: http :// mymobilehomepage.rogers . com