Rogers Email to Txt... subscription service?

cdn_bc_ca
I'm on Rogers Wireless.

I just tried to send myself 3 emails to my phone using <mycellnumber>@pcs.rogers.com.

None of the emails made it to my phone.

I was expecting an alert telling me that an email had arrived and I needed to respond with REPLY to get the actual message. But nothing.

Just as a test, I went to the Rogers website and sent myself a text message and it worked.

Has something changed recently regarding the email-to-txt service?

DurkaDurka
maybe their smtp server is having a fit.

cdn_bc_ca
so are you saying that I should at least be getting something on my phone?

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by cdn_bc_caView Post

so are you saying that I should at least be getting something on my phone?

well, if the smtp server has a queue, there would be a delay in receiving your email.

I would suggest calling rogers tech support though.

cdn_bc_ca
I did... the automated service cannot understand me with my stuttering... ha ha ha!

j/k, I'm on hold at the moment.

snowles
The email service with Rogers is very, very slow.

cdn_bc_ca
I finally got one of my messages 4 hours later. I tried again and got my message within 1 minute. They must have had a problem or something.

Tech support said there was something wrong with my phone and gave me a support number for the phone manufacturer (Motorola)... hmm.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by cdn_bc_caView Post

I finally got one of my messages 4 hours later. I tried again and got my message within 1 minute. They must have had a problem or something.

Tech support said there was something wrong with my phone and gave me a support number for the phone manufacturer (Motorola)... hmm.

As soon as the e-mail shows as having been sent on your phone, it's a Rogers network problem. Don't let them feed you that crap.