Samsung A950, need help pls

jamtart

Feb 3, 2007
I just got this phone and wonder if anyone has some info on a few questions. First, I plug the phone into the computer with the cable that came with it and I get a message about the driver needed. I can not find the driver. Anyone know where to get this?
Also I am looking for a good software to use so that I can upload MP3's, contacts and such. What is a good software to get?

Thanks

jamtart

Feb 3, 2007
Thanks. I have been browsing and looking for postings that might relate. Not giving up yet.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
If it's a Telus phone, the only thing that cable is used for is for connecting to a usb slot in a printer, for printing off the pictures from the phone.

If you want to put on music to your phone, you have to, for some insanely stupid reason, take out the little sd mini memory card, put it into the included sd adapter, then put it into a computer memory card reader (most newer computers have these). From there, you have to copy the music into the proper directory on the SD card, then reverse the entire process and get the memory card back into the phone.

It is, unfortunately, the only way to get the stuff from the computer to your phone. I have seen some usb cables/software bundles for the A950 on ebay, but they're 99% likely to not work, as Telus would have had the software sync disabled (the ones for sale are for Verizon and other US companies) - if you don't mind likely blowing $25 though, give it a try.

What a needlessly complicated piece of crap.

The user guide (which I assume you have) is here in PDF form. The specs page on Telus confirms my initial findings on the cable's use.

Also keep in mind that it only comes with a 32 megabyte mini-SD card, which won't hold more than 10-35 minutes of music on it, depending on the quality.

jamtart

Feb 3, 2007
Yes snowles it is with Telus. Thanks for confirming what I was starting to suspect. I guesss I will just have to get a larger card and a card reader. Oh well, it was fun to anyways.