Motorola Razr on Rogers

xblackpanther

Jan 16, 2007
Hi,
my daughter had at nokia with a smart card (rogers) and then upgraded to a motorola razr phone(monthly plan). She took the sim card out of the nokia and put it in the razr. She now has another phone with another carrier and let the rogers plan go in other words not pay it. Anyways. The SIM card for the razor was never taken out of the package. Sorry for being so long winded but my question is:
Can the razr and the brand new SIM Card that went with it be activated as a pay as you go on another network like telus or virgin?

Or is it just a fancy time peice now.

Thanks for listening to my rant!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
No clue, but might I suggest posting your question in the tech section of 'yahoo answers' if no one here can help you out. best of luck.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Quite simply, no it cannot. Both Virgin and Telus use a different (older) technology and aren't GSM (SIM card) compatible, the technology used by Rogers and their phones.

There's nothing stopping you from taking the sim card and registering either the nokia or the Razr on pay-as-you-go on Rogers or Fido. Just take the phone and the sim card to a registered Rogers dealer and have them activate it for pay-as-you-go service.

BTW, whose name was the phoned signed up under (not that it matters for signing up for pay-go)? Either way, nice job screwing up their credit; hope you don't need a loan in the near future. Also, Rogers will take you to small claims court to recoup, especially if it's more than $1,500 owed.