V3: A ok phone to buy?

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I have the V3 and I like it, i've never once had any problems with it. My friend also has the V3 and he's dropped his in water and it still works very well except for the camera which has lines in it every once in a while.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Hey guys, I was about to buy a V3.....is it a good phone?

It's love it or hate it. It's built solidly, especially for a Motorola phone, but its thinness makes it prone to easier damage, especially when it's left in your pants pocket.

"It can be quite hard to get decent volume out it unless it's held just right." This has been the biggest complaint I've heard of the phone. Technically speaking, the biggest flaw of the phone is that the buttons and the screen touch each other when the phone is closed. It can damage both over time as they rub against each other. I've seen this happen to a few of the older V3s.

If you're a new customer, shop around for the best price. Places like The Source by Circuit City and Wal-Mart offer it for about $80 less (on a 3 year) than Rogers stores and most retailers; the latter I wouldn't trust for much experience or ability though.

Carmoral

Nominee Member
Aug 4, 2006
My hubby has the v3 he loves it, I have the V3x its very much like the V3 but newer model, it is slighlty thicker and has more features, I seen the V3 for sale for as little as $199 US that is, you can now buy them here in the Uk for around £80.00

This is what my phone looks like
thumbnailv3x.jpg

Carmoral

Nominee Member
Aug 4, 2006
Oh forgot to mention that the $199 was with a US sim card, it was no cotract, no monthly fees or any other hidden fees and $0.26 per min incoming and outgoing.