New phone time. (advice much appreciated)

writhen

May 14, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hello everyone, I just made this account as this is one of the few Canadian mobile phone forums I could find on the net. I wanted to ask peoples opinions before making a decision. My current provider is Rogers (family plan in my fathers name). Anyways, he hates Rogers and has decided to cancel. Leaving me to find a new provider and a new phone (sold my RAZR V3 for 250 bucks :x ). That being stated, I now have $400 for a new phone (i dont want to spend all of it unless its worth it) and i need to look for a new provider.

A few of the options ive seen are the RAZR V3i through Rogers (which im not the biggest fan of since im sick of razrs now, although expandable memory and mp3 does seem enticing), the Samsung A920 through bell (which ive heard is a really nice little phone with more features than the V3i), and the Sony W600i (which I think looks too 'teenage' for me, but its supposedly good). I was wondering if there were any other high end phones in the market that aren't advertised as much? Ones that are better? I've seen a ton on ebay like the Motorola V3x (I know this one doesnt work in Canada), the Samsung D500/D600/D800 (do these work here?), I've also seen a few others on ebay that are HOT as well as reasonably priced! but do they work in Canada?

I'd love for your opinions please. What would you get if you lived in Canada, had 400-500 canadia dollars, and wanted the best phone?

Thankyou :wink:

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
RE: New phone time. (advi

I will go with Rogers' SonyEricsson W810i anytime of the day.

Not that because i work for Rogers. But seriously, in terms of Network, here in QC, Rogers kills everyone.

I'm big fan of SonyEricsson and seriously, they do have quality products!
Read my W800i review, W810i is the samething with 850mhz (better reception in north america) and EDGE (high speed wireless internet)

kalok~

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
writhen
I agree with kalok about Roger's network.

I don't know how it goes in other provinces, but here in Quebec, especially in Montreal Rogers is the best.

From the beginning I'm going with Rogers. Then, I needed new phone, and chosed the network of Fido. It doesn't work in my appartment. When I'm on the stairs, no signals at all.

I canceled that, and went with Telus. In the building the signal is very low. Sometimes disconnects while talking. In the basement, not signal at all.

And I had to get my new phone again with Rogers. In the builiding, stairs, apparment, 1st basement, 2nd basement, and everywhere else, except hospitals signal strengh is full.

Now, i got Rogers family plan. So, far i'm not regretting. The customer service is good. Usually, I call at night, and chat with the girls long hours. :lol: