Best prepaid cell phones

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: What's the best pre paid..?

I prefer Bell Mobility, but that's just because I use very few minutes; I pay for the unlimited text bundle on their prepaid system.

jcada

Mar 30, 2006
Victoria BC
Re: What's the best pre paid..?

I don't recoment dealing with Bell for ANYTHING! I have had a pre-paid through them for nearly 3yrs now and just recently I had a problem. It's been on going since December. Just a few days ago I went to use the phone and it was suspended, I called there Customer Service and the lady I talked to (whom was very rude) said they had done it by accident and they would resume service immediately. That never happened. Long story short.... I lost all of my pre=paid minutes and they refused to do anything about it, even though they admit they made the mistake. So... I have since gone to the Better Business Bearue with my complaint. I recoment Telus or Rogers, both of which offer good customer Service and I never once had a problem with telus when I dealt with them for the cell phone.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
RE: What's the best pre p

I hate Telus, Bell and Rogers for pay and talk. The best one is Virgin Mobile. Its 25 cents for the first 5 minutes of the day and every minute after is 15 cents. And its 10 cents per text message and 5 cents per text message between Virgin phones. And you can buy pay and talk cards in $15, $30, and $50. And they also have quick and easy customer service and kind customer representatives.

UNO

Mar 27, 2006
Mississauga
Re: What's the best pre paid..?

Thank you for your kind respons. I also learnt that Vergin Top up last for 120 days (4 months) I think Vergin is the great way to go for Pre-paid. But don't know much about her coverage though

Mantaaaray

Apr 8, 2006
Halifax

VIRGIN is the Best! You can’t beat Virgin’s pay-as-you-go prices! $.40 per day and $.10 per minute airtime....or $.25 per minute airtime and $.15 per minute airtime after 4 minutes each day. Free call display, text messaging, and message centre. And to save charges, you can check your voice messages on a landline for free! What a deal for the occasional user.

Edit-removed the advertising

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006

I've got the Vodafone maxi cap....I pay $49 and get $230 worth of calls, txt, voicemail and whatever else!

rubixcube

Nov 23, 2006
You know whats the best plan? the best prepaid plan?!? I have telus. It's 10 dollars a month 25 cents a min and free caller id and everything. It has text message plan for 5 $:wave:

Judland

Electoral Member
I have to say that Virgin Mobile has been a very good experience for me. See my post about it here.

I've been avoiding owning a cell phone, but I'm quite pleased with what I get from Virgin Mobile. I'm very happy with what I get for the price I pay.

Check out the vmobile.ca site for coverage. For the record, Virgin Mobile uses the Bell network, so your wireless coverage is pretty good.