Way to get the best deal? (online? in store? by phone?)

murjis

Dec 7, 2005
Hi all

I have read some of the posts to date and have been very appreciative of the views and advice posted. Thanks!

I didn't see one about this topic specifically, so I thought I would post it myself

My situation - My audiovox 8600 with Bell died yesterday and my contract will Bell ends in February. This is what Bell is offering me (with a hardware upgrade):
- $15 activation fee (one time fee)
- $10 admin fee (one time fee)
monthly plan - $55 month for
- 400 daytime minutes
- unlimited evenings and weekends (starting at 6pm)
- call display, messaging, call waiting and call forwarding

Many people posting on this site are suggesting Rogers is a better bet and I had the following questions:

1) What is the best way to get the best deal? Online? In store? on the phone?

2) Is there a Rogers plan that will be a better deal for me?

3) Any thoughts on which cell phone I should upgrade to? I personally like flip phones, but am not adverse to a slider phone...

Thanks in advance for your help!!

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
It depends on what you're looking for, you said you have bell, and you read from members over here saying Rogers is good.. so.. which one do you want to go with?

Buy online or in-store, it's about the samething for Rogers, but in-store you'll get more service from the "well-informed" rep.

But with Bell.. I have absolutely NO CLUE.

kalok~

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
RE: Way to get the best d

if i were u i wouldnt resign with bell at all. worst customer service in the industry plus for that price you could get 700 daytime minutes. For instance:

Telus super talk 40:
700 daytime minutes,
evenings/weekends
UNLIMITED telus to telus
voicemail 3, call waiting and call conferencing included.

Pay an additional $10 for evenings 6pm and caller ID brings it to $50.00 a month and activation fee is #35.00 Much better deal OR:

Super Talk 30 which is similar except 300 daytime minutes for $30.00.

I would say to avoid Bell like the plague and go to a wireless dealer. they usually wave activation fees and give away free stuff. You might also be eligible for a corporate plan depending on who your working for. Online isnt really worth it unless your have very little time.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
RE: Way to get the best d

i think rogers offers the same plan but in TO dealers arent charging activation fees(ive been told) if rogers could just come out with the W600 already