Anyone encounter problems with international text messaging?

kaisercarl

Nov 27, 2005
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has encountered a problem with international text messaging where the recipient of the txt message is unable to reply to text messages sent and must then create a whole new txt message?

The important part is that yes, they do get my text messages however the phone number that shows up on their end comes up with a string of extra numbers following my phone number. This is quite irritating and fortunately I do not have that problem with Bell. However I'm looking at moving ship to Rogers and I just experienced this problem with Fido.

If anyone is familiar with this problem, please share your thoughts and if there's a solution to this, that would be good too. I had tried everything with the phone settings (Sony Ericsson Z520a) and assumed it was a Fido network issue. Regardless the customer service was completely useless when confronted with this issue.

Thanks for your time,
Carl

drhoy

Nov 26, 2006
did you ever solve this

Hi i am having a similar problem texting to the UK. Did you ever solve the problem? If so id love to hear what you did

Thanks so much.