NOKIA FASHION PHONES LINE-UP 7280 and 7610

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
Nokia Canada launched their Fashion phones line up in Canada. The phones were launched last winter in Europe and Asia. The phones are now being sold in Holt Renfrew in Canada. The phones are unlocked tri-band (900/1800/1900).

Direct Quote from Nokia.ca
Wireless Coverage. The Nokia Fashion Collection Handsets operate on a GSM network and are designed to operate on 900/1800/1900 MHz frequencies. Canadian GSM carriers offer network service in the 850 and 1900 MHz bands. This means that your handset will operate on the 1900 MHz bands of the Canadian networks. Users may find that network coverage may not be as comprehensive in areas that also use 850 MHz band networks, such as in more sub-urban or outlying areas. Other users will not experience any difference in their service. For example, the handset will operate on all of Fido’s network as it operates entirely in the 1900 MHz band.

See, i'm not the only one saything 850mhz is good, even Nokia knows abouit it! However Nokia doesn't know that Fido network are being / will be integrated accross Canada.

I guess the reason why there's no carrier in Canada carry that phone, it's probably because it doesn't have 850mhz.

Nokia 7280 Source : http://nokia.ca/english/products/7280/7280.asp

Nokia 7610 Source : http://nokia.ca/english/products/7610/7610.asp

kalok~

thecrazyblueman

Jun 15, 2005
RE: NOKIA FASHION PHONES

Hi, I bought a nokia 7260 (same fashion line) in Italy, here all the mobile phone are selled unlocked and you put the sim card of your choice. After it works with prepaid card for refunding your account... anyway.

When I'll be back, I plan to use my Fido Sim Card and put it in this new phone. It should work I think. But if I were with Telus for instance. I think there would be no way to make it worked. isn't it ? I know that some of Telus phones seems to do not have any SIm card at all inside...

Thank you to tell me if there is a way to make this phone working on the Telus network.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
RE: NOKIA FASHION PHONES

Unfortunately telus operates a network other than GSM, a CDMA one. GSM phones cannot work on CDMA and vice versa, also telus doesnt allow users to bring any cdma phone onto their network, just the phones they sell which is a mighty pain.