Which phone???

green_fox32

Jun 5, 2005
Haoorow, Ontario
Hey everyone
I am currently trying 2 decide on a cell phone to buy but am having a hard time deciding on one. I'm looking for a phone with a good amount of features like bluetooth, camera, videa, etc, etc. One important thing i need in the phone is for it 2 connect well using bluetooth with my iMac G5 apple computer. I have narrowed it down to a few phones:
Nokia 6620
Motorola RAZR V3
Sony Ericsson S710a
Motorola V635

Oh, and I absolutely do not care about the price at all.

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
I would go with the following.

V635
S710a
Razr V3

The reason is, the V635 has the similar features at a lower cost comparing to the S710a. The only weak point about the motorola is really their phones aren't reliable. However, i've quite a few of them, none of them are coming back, which is a good sign.

S710a, over great phone, great screen, great feature, but too big and it's kind of over priced comparing to V635 just for a better and bigger screen.

6620 is the one i'm using currently, and I can't live without it. Extremely great features (even better than V635/S710a). However, the camera isn't 1megapixels. But honestly, at that price range, it's real steal for 6620.

V3... don't even want to talk abt it. Too expensive just for the look of it. Features is nothing comparing to any other 3.

my $0.02

kalok~

green_fox32

Jun 5, 2005
Haoorow, Ontario
Re: RE: Which phone???

kalok said:
I would go with the following.

V635
S710a
Razr V3

The reason is, the V635 has the similar features at a lower cost comparing to the S710a. The only weak point about the motorola is really their phones aren't reliable. However, i've quite a few of them, none of them are coming back, which is a good sign.

S710a, over great phone, great screen, great feature, but too big and it's kind of over priced comparing to V635 just for a better and bigger screen.
Thanx again

6620 is the one i'm using currently, and I can't live without it. Extremely great features (even better than V635/S710a). However, the camera isn't 1megapixels. But honestly, at that price range, it's real steal for 6620.

V3... don't even want to talk abt it. Too expensive just for the look of it. Features is nothing comparing to any other 3.

my $0.02

kalok~

ok thanx
so aside from the camera feature how does the nokia 6620 compare to the Moto 635 and Ericsson S710a in the other features and most importantly in things like signal strength, battery life, bluetooth connectivity with apple computers, and clarity/volume of the earpiece of the phone?

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
razr is one horrible phone, its sooooo ugly and the price one must pay for it just doesnt justify its abilities which are on par with the V551, if u dont mind the price go with the S710A its the first sony ericssson phone built for NA that doesnt suck! it has all the features you want plus it has a really nice rotating mechanism. A friend of mine has it and really likes it.

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
V551 has more features than the Razr.
- Video capture ( but the new version of razr will have )
- EDGE (high speed wireless internet)

V635 at the moment is an overall very good phone in terms of price and it has justified features.

It's like you're paying 2 X V635 for a S710a. What's more on the S710a? well.. 262k huge display and 0.7megapixels more. BUT THAT'S IT!

Anyway, both phones are great. Like I said, V635 is looking right now since I haven't receive any for repairs.

kalok~

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
overpriced to me, why not just get an unlocked phone of ebay or a dealer? they are usually cheaper and can get the same product or better

green_fox32

Jun 5, 2005
Haoorow, Ontario
well the price dun really matter 2 me altho the phone i'm currently leaning towards is the Nokia 6620 bcuz it's the one that is the most compatible with apple's iSync, i could pick that up for just $50 bucks instead of the $130. but yet i'm still iffy bout that cuz the Ericsson S710a seems so great and bcuz i've heard that the Nokia 6620 tends 2 have a quiet earpiece. but i dunno.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
if u dont mind the price go with the S710a, no problems with the swivel, nice design and form factor and has everything all the other phones have, including the 850 freqeuncy and EDGE internet