The Internet setting for SE v802se on FIDO, plz help..

ericlin0122

May 23, 2005
Hi, i am trying to connect my phone to the internet, but it doesnt seem to work.
I try to do some search on google, but none of the setting seems to work for this phone.
Can anyone have this phone please help?
Or i think i will change to rogers since i have no contract with fido.

BTW, does anyone know is it possible to use the video conversation now in Canada?? I kind of feel that canada is behind the world...

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
RE: The Internet setting

no video conferencing yet, with EDGE enhancement ROGERS might offer something in the near future, so go with ROGERS if you want anything, superior coverage to fido and all the latest enhancements. i wanted to purchase a SE Z800i and put it on my ROGERS account but didnt becuase of the access issue to GPRS, if you could post your results i'd be much obliged.

ericlin0122

May 23, 2005
Here is the follow setting i got for this phone.
GPRS
Settings>connnectivity>Data comm.>Data accounts>New account>PS data>Fido GPRS WAP
APN: wap.fido.ca
Username: fido
Password: fido
Login request: off
Allow calls: auto
Ip: none
DNS: none
Authe.: Normal
Data com.: off
Header compr.: off
Then go to Settings>connnectivity>Internet settings>Internet profiles>New profile>
Name: Fido GPRS WAP
Connect using: Fido GPRS WAP
Setting
Internet mode: WAP
Gateway add.: 205.151.011.011
security: off
password: fido

Thanks ur helps

ericlin0122

May 23, 2005
Re: RE: The Internet setting

nitzomoe said:
no video conferencing yet, with EDGE enhancement ROGERS might offer something in the near future, so go with ROGERS if you want anything, superior coverage to fido and all the latest enhancements. i wanted to purchase a SE Z800i and put it on my ROGERS account but didnt becuase of the access issue to GPRS, if you could post your results i'd be much obliged.

I have to say this is an awsome phone, if you want to get u can get a jap. version for cheap. Wating for Z800i is so painful, and it's just as same as v802se with a different faceplate. For me i got one total about $400 Cad(with shipping and tax), but the risk is that no warranty.
What i like about this phone is it has changable faceplate, build-in USB data transfer, and most important is it's a 3G phone ( too bad cant use in canada :cry: ) however, it's camera quilty isn't that good ( compare to the S700i )
It's a typical jap. style phone, it's really handy to get one. u will like it for sure.

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
ericlin0122 said:
Here is the follow setting i got for this phone.
GPRS
Settings>connnectivity>Data comm.>Data accounts>New account>PS data>Fido GPRS WAP
APN: wap.fido.ca
Password: fido
Login request: off
Allow calls: auto
Ip: none
DNS: none
Authe.: Normal
Data com.: off
Header compr.: off
Then go to Settings>connnectivity>Internet settings>Internet profiles>New profile>
Name: Fido GPRS WAP
Connect using: Fido GPRS WAP
Setting
Internet mode: WAP
Gateway add.: 205.151.011.011
security: off
password: fido

Thanks ur helps

So does it work?

kalok~

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto

ericlin0122,

where did u get it from? thats an amazing price for SE 3G phone especially that particular one, was it ebay or a website? if its not ebay if u could pm me with the url.

thx

ericlin0122

May 23, 2005
Re: RE: The Internet setting

nitzomoe said:
ericlin0122,

where did u get it from? thats an amazing price for SE 3G phone especially that particular one, was it ebay or a website? if its not ebay if u could pm me with the url.

thx

i got this phone from a dealer on the yahoo japan, there are not too many salers on yahoo japan ship internationly, but some are.
but ya, u need to know how to read little bit japanese ^^
P.S.i have the saler's msn, if you want, i can give it to u. he knows english.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
i noe im gonna sound like a jerk, but ill pm u in a few months time to check whether everythins workin well with ur fone. then i shall ask for his msn if thats cool 8)

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto

ericlin0122,

would u happen to noe a site where i can get games for the v800/v802 se im purchasing one and would like to use the data cable that comes with it.