Bell Mobility Web Browser Charges

CellyUser

May 5, 2005
:evil:

I am having a "devil" of a time with charges from Bell Mobility for using a web browser that I HAVE NEVER USED and trying to have the charges removed off of the account.

Are there others like me?? :?:

liltoadie

May 6, 2005
Brantford, Ontario
We have had the same problem with web browser charges. I have to admit the biggest problem is with the phone we have. Audiovox 8450. This phone has a mind of its own. Since we will never use the phone for web browsing I have called Bell and asked to have the browser removed permanently but I don't think this is possible with this particular phone. In our case these charges have been minimal and I have been paying them but I do understand your frustration. The next phone we get will have "web guard" on it.

masterdan

Jan 22, 2007
I have had the EXACT same problem. Not only has a friend of mine who has a Moto Razr and is a customer of bell have had $80+ fees from "Browser" which she does not use at all. (shes technologically impared and can barely text message), Also my phone, which is also a flip phone with bell ive had all sorts of charges for browser, expensive ones in 3 different occasions. Each time i have had to call down and tell the people to remove it, in which they would give me some bull**** about how its impossible to make a mistake with their systems and that theres no way my phone can remove this useless feature.

After threatening on behalf of this girl and myself on two different occasions to drop their contract they changed their tune and told us that the browser feature can be turned off. They are running a serious scam and i hope they burn in hell.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I have had the EXACT same problem. Not only has a friend of mine who has a Moto Razr and is a customer of bell have had $80+ fees from "Browser" which she does not use at all. (shes technologically impared and can barely text message), Also my phone, which is also a flip phone with bell ive had all sorts of charges for browser, expensive ones in 3 different occasions. Each time i have had to call down and tell the people to remove it, in which they would give me some bull**** about how its impossible to make a mistake with their systems and that theres no way my phone can remove this useless feature.

After threatening on behalf of this girl and myself on two different occasions to drop their contract they changed their tune and told us that the browser feature can be turned off. They are running a serious scam and i hope they burn in hell.

I had a similar issue, except I used the browser, I though I had unlimited data transfers so I was suprised to see a $80.00 charge. I ended up adding the browser package to remove the charge.

I don't see how you could get phantom browsing charges though, if they originated from your phone#, someone was browsing on that phone...

masterdan

Jan 22, 2007
no believe it or not this sanyo 2900 or 2800 whichever it is. Will very easily get trigged to go to the browser while in your pocket. It only stays at the intro screen but i figure thats where it comes from. Peice of ****, all i want is for it to be completely locked out but they intentionally make that impossible. And charge you 52 dollars per megabyte which is easily used up by ads they force on to you at the intro screen.. Bah.