Rogers -> Moving home for summer, and back again for fall

Redth

Nov 18, 2004
Guelph, ON
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a decent way of doing this:

I have a 2 year contract with rogers, and am in Guelph Ontario right now (which is where my current rogers number is local to). In the summers, i go home for 4 months of the year. When I do this, i am in local range of Windsor, Ontario, so my Guelph number is long distance for anyone calling me. This kinda sucks.

I know that i can get my number switched to a windsor number, which is fine, but when I go back to Guelph in the fall, I have to switch my number again. I can see this becoming very confusing in the next couple years if I have to keep switching phone numbers all the time. Is there any alternative solution to switching phone numbers left and right? I don't want to have people update their phonebooks twice a year.

Is there something I can do, 'legit', or otherwise that will help me at least perhaps alternate between only 2 numbers? I'm under contract so i don't want to go get another phone for when I go home :/

Redth

Nov 18, 2004
Guelph, ON
Hey everyone,

I have a 2 year contract with rogers, and am in Guelph Ontario right now (which is where my current rogers number is local to). In the summers, i go home for 4 months of the year. When I do this, i am in local range of Windsor, Ontario, so my Guelph number is long distance for anyone calling me. This kinda sucks.

I know that i can get my number switched to a windsor number, which is fine, but when I go back to Guelph in the fall, I have to switch my number again. I can see this becoming very confusing in the next couple years if I have to keep switching phone numbers all the time. Is there any alternative solution to switching phone numbers left and right? I don't want to have people update their phonebooks twice a year.

Is there something I can do, 'legit', or otherwise that will help me at least perhaps alternate between only 2 numbers? I'm under contract so i don't want to go get another phone for when I go home :/

Redth

Nov 18, 2004
Guelph, ON
Hey everyone,

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast
RE: Rogers -> Moving home for summer, and back again for

Do you have an old phone kicking around somewhere? If so, activate it with a Windsor number and forward calls to your Guelph number. Or the other way around, whatever works. (my husband is working in Alberta, and this is what he's done - we can still call him on a local call)

You're probably better off to go to Rogers and talk to them abut the best plan.

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast

Do you have an old phone kicking around somewhere? If so, activate it with a Windsor number and forward calls to your Guelph number. Or the other way around, whatever works. (my husband is working in Alberta, and this is what he's done - we can still call him on a local call)

LadyC

Time Out
Sep 3, 2004
the left coast

Redth

Nov 18, 2004
Guelph, ON
RE: Rogers -> Moving home

hmm, i don't really have anything that would work in this scenerio as far as old phones go, but if i was, how much is he paying monthly to keep this 'forwarding' phone active ?

Redth

Nov 18, 2004
Guelph, ON

hmm, i don't really have anything that would work in this scenerio as far as old phones go, but if i was, how much is he paying monthly to keep this 'forwarding' phone active ?

Redth

Nov 18, 2004
Guelph, ON