Confusion with Bell's phones that has SIM CARD slot

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
Hi all, Bell are offer some CDMA phones with a sim card slot, just to clear it out, that slot is not for GSM simcards.

First of all, GSM providers in Canada are : Rogers Wireless & Fido ( Rogers' Family ).

Bell & Telus are on CDMA.

"Why does my bell phone has a sim card slot?" That slot IS for SIM CARD, but not GSM, it's called CDMA2000, which is comparable with the GSM simcard functions. However, Bell hasn't do anything for that technology yet. So the slot from the bell phone, it's useless.

"What about Telus Mikes? It also has SIM CARD slot." That sim card slot is not for GSM sim cards. Telus MIkes is iDen techonology, in which you can have PTT (Push To Talk) function and some other extra functions, such as GPS.

FYI :

GSM can also have PTT over GPRS ( data ), however in Canada, Rogers and/or Fido hasn't planned to offer that technology.

kalok~

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com
Hi all, Bell are offer some CDMA phones with a sim card slot, just to clear it out, that slot is not for GSM simcards.

First of all, GSM providers in Canada are : Rogers Wireless & Fido ( Rogers' Family ).

"Why does my bell phone has a sim card slot?" That slot IS for SIM CARD, but not GSM, it's called CDMA2000, which is comparable with the GSM simcard functions. However, Bell hasn't do anything for that technology yet. So the slot from the bell phone, it's useless.

"What about Telus Mikes? It also has SIM CARD slot." That sim card slot is not for GSM sim cards. Telus MIkes is iDen techonology, in which you can have PTT (Push To Talk) function and some other extra functions, such as GPS.

FYI :

GSM can also have PTT over GPRS ( data ), however in Canada, Rogers and/or Fido hasn't planned to offer that technology.

kalok~

kalok

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2005
Montreal
www.geocities.com

FYI :

kalok~

Seafoot

Jun 4, 2009
I have a rogers phone. Is it possible do use a CDMA (bell SIM card) in this phone??