Fido speeds up Canadians going mobile

Sven Eriksen

Apr 5, 2004
Fido speeds up Canadians going mobile

By Sven Eriksen

May 27, 2004 (CC) - Canada is finally seeing the growth in cell phone services and technology that many will often see in commercials on American television. Unlimited local calling, constantly hearing 'can you still hear me' and similar rates are things you don't normally see advertised in Canada. It looks like things are about to change.

Full Article: Fido speeds up Canadians going mobile

T. Rex

Nominee Member
I read this article yesterday last night. They should let AT&T Wireless and Verizon into our Canadian market. Get more quality from them then you do this Canadian crap like Rogers.... which was never the same as AT&T in the states.

cookies

Jun 1, 2004
www.cellphones.ca
Very true... It seems that Canada is very conservative in this sense and very skeptical about mobile technologies.. Hopefully this will get better...

fuzzy

May 25, 2004
Smithers, BC
My cousin is with City Fido in Vancouver, she likes it cuz she has so much more freedom with using her phone whenever she wantz~ :king:

Since i'm all the way up here in EWWWW Smithers ,, I cannot even access city fido. I would for sure go city fido if i lived in van, but anywhere else its telus all the way... actually i dunno if id get cityfido since i love telus phones and everything.. I LOVE TELUS :wav:

cookies

Jun 1, 2004
www.cellphones.ca
Well, even if you do not have the luxury of City Fido, you can always go for the Fido-to-Fido Anywher in Canada ($35/month) Gives you unlimited minutes between Fido, unlimited text messaging between Fido, plus you get 150 mins anytime minutes, and finally unlimited weekends and evenings...

Jaguar4u

May 14, 2004
Toronto
www.theguvernment.com
I got the new "Unlimited Incoming Calls" plan with Fido for $25/mo.

I will continue to use Telus and their amazing cool color flip phones for outgoing calls. With Telus I get unlimited text and local calling between Telus customers for $20/mo. If you prefer you can choose Telus "Match-it Fido to Fido 30" plan that offers nation wide mobile to mobile unlimited text and calling with unlimited evenings and weekends.

Finally, thanks to both Fido and Telus, I got rid of my home phone service and am finally 100% Mobile 8)

fuzzy

May 25, 2004
Smithers, BC
thas a good plan jaguar : -)

you still have the bad fido reception like in elevators, inside ur house, a mile outside of the city, and anywhere that is not vancouver or toronto or montreal i think.

i have family member on fido who does not live up here in smithers and he's always complaining. he lives in van

- sorry i have to let you go im going inside -