City Fido in Toronto

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
City fido, cool. I'll stick with Bell for home and Rogers for cell :). Ontario has Rogers VIP which I am jelous of, however. That's not fair! I complained and complained to the girl on the other end of the phone at Rogers wireless because I want VIP, but they cant do it in Quebec.

Aren't I just on a roll tonight? Sorry for 'spamming' cc!

Jaguar4u

May 14, 2004
Toronto
www.theguvernment.com
The preceding article link is excellent. Fido is good in keeping the mobile phone service industry in Canada competitive.

There is one factor you should know before deciding to go with CityFido in Toronto. CityFido does have a huge local calling area, however, be aware that if you go outside the local calling area, you will be charged for roaming, not including additional long distance if applicable. For example, if you were to go to Niagara Falls or St. Catherines, Ontario, you will be charged roaming at $0.20 per minute for any local calls you make outside the Toronto calling area plus any long distance if you were to receive or place a long distance call.

CityFido is a big step in alternative local calling within your home area. Service alternatives will just continue to improve, thanks to Fido :D

Ilonka

Jun 3, 2009
I would like to find out about the coverage area for existing City Fido customers. Personally, I have the City Fido contract for the last nine years (continuously renewed since 2004). I am unable to find the map coverage area for this plan. When talked to Fido’s customer service representatives, they were unable to help, indicating that "no such a map exist" - which answer makes no sense. I called Fido's customer service department numerous times, but without much success.
My understanding is that according to the CRTC approval all “Existing City Fido customers will be grandfathered on existing monthly packages and City zones for one year or until the end of their service agreement for as long as they renew it". What is happening to the coverage area? Can Rogers just "shrink" that coverage? Does anyone know the website that the coverage map can be downloaded?

rodney2009

Jun 25, 2009
I am mad at FIDO cause they denied me and Rogers wanted 200 deposit I dont get it there owned by Ted rogers duh anyhow I almost got pay go for FIDO and I was told Peterborough was not availabble for local numbers.