Lonely men are hitting on virtual assistants like Siri

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Lonely men are hitting on virtual assistants like Siri
POSTMEDIA NETWORK
First posted: Friday, October 28, 2016 06:18 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, October 28, 2016 06:38 PM EDT
More lonely men are talking dirty to their Siri-like virtual assistants, a source told The Telegraph.
Ilya Eckstein, chief executive of Robin Labs, told the paper its chatbot Robin, was designed to help drivers find the best route but has been used by "teenagers and truckers without girlfriends" up to 300 times a day and at least 5% of those conversations were sexual in nature.
"This happens because people are lonely and bored," Eckstein continued. "It is a symptom of our society."
“People want to flirt, they want to dream about a subservient girlfriend, or even a sexual slave. It may just be more for laughs, or something deeper underneath the surface."
Eckstein says about a third of the interactions with Robin were innocent - mostly lonely people wanting to talk “for no particular reason.”
Although it's hard to know for sure how many of the conversations were sexually explicit, most chatbot developers say the number is high.
According to Quartz, writer Deborah Harrison told and audience at the Virtual Assistant Summit in San Francisco earlier this year that "a good chunk of the volume of early-on inquiries" to Microsoft's bot Cortana were into its sex life. "That’s not the kind of interaction we want to encourage.”
Lonely men are hitting on virtual assistants like Siri | Gadgets | Tech | Toront

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If you just hate receiving a text message while walking, but you're curious as to the sender's , and the contents of the text.........Siri can be useful.....
The other day, out with the dog for a walk, the leash in one hand and a poop bag in the other and listening to tunes with Bluetooth headphones, I get an alert for an incoming message...
Instead of taking the phone from under my coat (cold morning) I decide to try something.....I press the answer phone button on the headphones and say "Hey Siri"......After she answers ...."What can I do for you André" I ask for the content of the last message, she answers,.... sent to you by "my wife's name" and the content, "Can you pick up some coffee creamer at the corner store?" and followed by something to the effect....do you want to answer or reply? or something....
I said ...reply....."Yes dear"
The end result was My music came back on where it had been interrupted, my wife got the answering message, and I got the creamer without missing a step. :lol:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They should make the first option something that can also switch channels. For those that like sat radio might be something for the fanny pack.