Canada workers OK Brunswick zinc mine contract - Xstrata

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Canada workers OK Brunswick zinc mine contract - Xstrata

Its good to see The worker Unions from xstrata thinking about there workers first and avoiding all the stupid politics, like Local 6500.. Congratz guys to a good deal

SYDNEY - Union workers at the Xstrata Brunswick zinc mine in Canada have voted in favour of a three-year extension of a collective bargaining deal that will surpass the expected closure of the mine, Xstrata said on Thursday.
The current agreement, which was set to expire in February 2011, will enable the firm to determine with certainty how much ore there is left to mine and what it will cost to extract it, the company said in a statement.
This will also enable Xstrata to establish a more precise date for the closure, it said.
The mine and a concentrator has the capacity to yield 3,6-million tons of ore containing zinc, lead, copper, and silver.
It was was discovered in 1953 and put in production in 1964, and has ranked as one of the world's largest of its kind.
The agreement with United Steelworkers members includes a wage increase in 2011 and a rise in pension benefits, Xstrata said.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
6500 is a bunch of self-serving drama queens. Any union that would post pics, names and addresses of "scabs" for union goons to use as licence is just another mob.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
6500 is a bunch of self-serving drama queens. Any union that would post pics, names and addresses of "scabs" for union goons to use as licence is just another mob.

my family has been threatened by local 6500, twice already cant go into details because you never know who from local 6500 is lurking around like a cockroach

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
My son-in-law has to cross their line or the roofs and walls of their drifts will come tumbling down. He's not on strike. Why should my daughter and grandkids risk losing their home so some union guy can keep a nickel bonus?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
i hope your son-in-law doesnt have any problems with the strikers, they did have cops there at clarabelle, and the smelter entrances dont know if they are still there now...

Its sad to see the local 6500 lash out at the community like this