Our Cruise Ship Tourists

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It's kinda cute ..the dumb questions Americans ask us. For example" Our the winters up here much colder? Or the one asked me the other day: How can i get back to our ship? I told him just to walk downhill[it was tied up within viewing distance at the time] I worry about their safety tho. Standing in the middle of crosswalks in heavy traffic and snapping photos seems just a bit dangerous to me,but so far none of our crazy drivers have run them down. I was asked about things they should see while in town ,so I rattled off a list of places that weren't tourist traps that wouldn't cost them a cent to view, but they headed straight for the shops.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
It's kinda cute ..the dumb questions Americans ask us. For example" Our the winters up here much colder? Or the one asked me the other day: How can i get back to our ship? I told him just to walk downhill[it was tied up within viewing distance at the time] I worry about their safety tho. Standing in the middle of crosswalks in heavy traffic and snapping photos seems just a bit dangerous to me,but so far none of our crazy drivers have run them down. I was asked about things they should see while in town ,so I rattled off a list of places that weren't tourist traps that wouldn't cost them a cent to view, but they headed straight for the shops.

People come in all shapes , sizes, ages and mentality...

.....so you deal with it.

scratch

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Rather doubt they have much disposable cash with them[their economy is shot],but if they want to spend..might as well leave it at our local stores. I've only ever met 1 "ugly American' type & that was many years ago_Our buck is below 80centsUS, so they could have gotten some darn good deals

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Rather doubt they have much disposable cash with them[their economy is shot],but if they want to spend..might as well leave it at our local stores. I've only ever met 1 "ugly American' type & that was many years ago_Our buck is below 80centsUS, so they could have gotten some darn good deals

Why not?

scratch

NorthernSun

Electoral Member
Nov 20, 2008
Sydney, NS
I find it funny how amazed Americans are when they can cross the street and the cars stop for them before they go to cross. They stand there in the middle of the road stunned while we slowly get impatient.