Atlantic Union

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
We are already united in separate mysticle ways in order to prevent homogenization and comodification by agents of the filthy capitalists vaccumm.Together in our separation we will remain free and wild. A one size fits all idea of corporate leadership into the mythologicly efficient future is preposterous and dangerous idolatry of a disreputable scheme on the endangered list. It escapes me entirely how some elements of society still hawk Am-way products with a straight face.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Atlanticaparty

Absolutely! Offer the Irvines an opportunity to begin negotiations with the U.S. to become another state of the United States and take the burden of the maritimes off the Canadian table. People like the Irvines have told Cape Bretoners that coal would be their salvation....that fisheries were an unlimited avenue to wealth and prosperity that over-fishing and the dangers of a single-centred economic base were simply myths and deserved only contempt....

Unite and with any luck after you've left Canada the United States would be willing to pick-up the tab for failed policies and disenfranchisement these provinces have suffered for their greed and lack of foresight....

Sounds good to me....Perhaps you could form an aliance with Quebec and convince them that this is the route to go????

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
We are already united in separate mysticle ways in order to prevent homogenization and comodification by agents of the filthy capitalists vaccumm.Together in our separation we will remain free and wild. A one size fits all idea of corporate leadership into the mythologicly efficient future is preposterous and dangerous idolatry of a disreputable scheme on the endangered list. It escapes me entirely how some elements of society still hawk Am-way products with a straight face.

That's deep Beav. Who was on your coffee mug today, Jaun Valdez or Pablo Escobar? LOL:laughing7: :wave:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Atlanticaparty

Absolutely! Offer the Irvines an opportunity to begin negotiations with the U.S. to become another state of the United States and take the burden of the maritimes off the Canadian table. People like the Irvines have told Cape Bretoners that coal would be their salvation....that fisheries were an unlimited avenue to wealth and prosperity that over-fishing and the dangers of a single-centred economic base were simply myths and deserved only contempt....

Unite and with any luck after you've left Canada the United States would be willing to pick-up the tab for failed policies and disenfranchisement these provinces have suffered for their greed and lack of foresight....

Sounds good to me....Perhaps you could form an aliance with Quebec and convince them that this is the route to go????

Who are the Irvines?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Canada is good the way it is. If its inhabitants try hard enough though they could split it up and feed the leftovers to the US. that'd be just great

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If Mr Clueless meant "the Irvings", then he's pretty much completely out to lunch. The Irvings don't encourage Cape Bretoners that coal is their salvation, or that fish is the future. They exploit resources and sell stuff TO THE US. Do you know where 75% of Canada's refined petroleum exports to the US come from? It's not out west, it's Saint John. You know where most of the Home Depot lumber in the Eastern US comes from ? New Brunswick.

I don't necessarily like everything they do, but they sure do a lot more than most. And they take their money and reinvest it here.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Including donations to universities, I believe the environmental science building at Acadia is named after one of the Irvings.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
If Mr Clueless meant "the Irvings", then he's pretty much completely out to lunch. The Irvings don't encourage Cape Bretoners that coal is their salvation, or that fish is the future. They exploit resources and sell stuff TO THE US. Do you know where 75% of Canada's refined petroleum exports to the US come from? It's not out west, it's Saint John. You know where most of the Home Depot lumber in the Eastern US comes from ? New Brunswick.

I don't necessarily like everything they do, but they sure do a lot more than most. And they take their money and reinvest it here.

Clueless?

Well I suppose that might count as ad hominem but I understand ....

Good thing we can keep these discussions friendly and can disagree without personalizing...

What's the point....

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
And by the way....

Making a mistake in identifying someone and mis-spelling their name...while certainly sufficient grounds for dismissing another persons contributions as ...mindless...is evidence of closed mindedness in conjuction with a juvenile mentality....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
And by the way....

Making a mistake in identifying someone and mis-spelling their name...while certainly sufficient grounds for dismissing another persons contributions as ...mindless...is evidence of closed mindedness in conjuction with a juvenile mentality....

Well there ya go. I've read several posts by the same person, on various topics, and I've made my judgement that the person in particluar is clueless, and makes mindless posts of little or no value. Doesn't know anything about the history, or the economy, or the people of the region, but feels the need to post anyway, with an uniformed, unaccurate, stupid post. Rock on, enjoy the stupidity.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Well if we could get back to the subject I think the idea is totally stupid. In these times of imperial decay why would we want to foster faster faltering, to tie up our little coastal tanker to the side of a floundering aircraft carrier would be genuine madness. Atlantica deserves to be ignored as just another corporate raping in the wings. Atlantis they should call it, from this day forward it will be known as the Atlantis Party, it'll make a good bumper sticker, and a good bumber sticker campaign
can get results.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

I love the Irvings as well it's just been hard getting ahead of them on payday. So where does that crude mostly come from Missle? Overall I think the Mickster was pointing to the general gentle shove of the Irving class toward resource depleting economys.Lots of NS trees go down the worn out highway in that direction as well, and anything else you can load on a truck without drilling any holes in it.Saint John used to be the finest shipyard on the planet. If tea clippers ever gat popular again you'll have to cast the masts out of aluminium eh.

Anyway this retarded excuse for a solution party wants to build a superhighway to Mexico, are they insane? Do they how much fuel that'll require, hundreds of thousands of diesel sucking road pigs racing back and forth across the continent, what visonarys, what's wrong with a choo choo. I'm begging you to tell me why I would think a kitchen table ensemble made out of maritime maple or birch has to be built in Mexico and shipped back to Atlantis on another fuel sucking road pig so Wal-Mart can laugh at my village idiot face while they serve me.Why can't we build a decent institute of freaking Tables and freaking Chairs?. How will this certain cockup effect the New Government of Canadas fabled environment miracle.These morons can't even communicate effectively with the head office. It's a typical cheap shoddy job, quality is not job one.Why do the people of Atlantis have to put up year after with industrial grade bulk comedy instead of sound regional economic resource developement.When they plainly can't associate a chair and table with a house and a potential customer, this is just more free market sheep dip.It seems to have been far too difficult a step to advance to drilling holes in our own wood and assembling furniture, is there no market for that or what? If we have to travel to the orient for furniture and electronic goodies and cars and food and cloths why don't we just move over there and get factory outlet prices. And where's my goddamn job in this mix of corporate benevolence? Trees are harvested by robots, fuel is refined by robot, so far this insane idea is good for oil sucking robot machinery and owner operator commonlaw arrangments beyond legal description, this is just naked oil guzzling consumption which may or may not have an incestuous greasey family connection eh.

Last edited:

atlanticaparty

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2006
www.atlanticaparty.ca
Unite the four provinces into one province with one legislature and one provincial government inside Canada. That allows:

1. Atlantic Canada a larger more unified voice with which to speak in Canada
2. A rationalization and better co-ordination of provincial policies
3. Economic union
4. A region commensurate with other regions in Canada
5. Canada to rationalize seats in parliament, ie have the region give up its over-representation
6. A base on which to start building a regional economy
7. A stronger region in the likely event of Quebec separation

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'd object to number 1 as well. After all if four provinces say something it's gonna mean more to the government than if one large province says it.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Also I can hear the arguing now about where the Capital would be. Most of the Newfies I know would say 'Fawk that, enjoy yer red tape me sons'