Saint John street sweepers

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
Why?!

I've been staying down in Saint John for 3 weeks and every night at 12:30am and 2:30am a street sweeper goes by.

First off, they're loud and annoying especially with their flashing light, but that's not my main point.

Why is it neccessary to clean the street every night? I've been in almost every city/town in the province and I've never noticed so many street sweepers (if any). I live in Fredericton, and I dont think Ive ever seen one.

You'd think they could put the money they spend on the legion of street sweepers to better use.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
sha_zapple said:
Why?!

I'be been staying down in Saint John for 3 weeks and every night at 12:30am and 2:30am a street sweeper goes by.

First off, they're loud and annoying especially with their flashing light, but that's not my main point.
Why is it neccessary to clean the street every night? I've been in every other city/town in the province and I've never noticed so many street sweepers (if any). I live in Fredericton, and I dont think Ive ever seen one.

You'd think they could put the money they spend on the legion of street sweepers to better use.

What about those sidewalk machines? Everyday in my area, all summer long. Bloody annoying first thing in the morning.

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
RE: Saint John street swe

I didnt say they wern't needed. I was wondering why they were needed every night.

I was staying on Cliff street. I dont think theres a depot around there.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Oh, Cliff St. I expect that was to keep the hookers and hooker traffic down, then. A co worker rented a place there last year, when her house burnt. One night, she was sitting on the front steps. First, one of the girls gave her hell for taking her space; then the cops wanted to know where she lived....other than the entertainment, she couldn't wait to get out of there.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Saint John street sweepers

TenPenny said:
Oh, Cliff St. I expect that was to keep the hookers and hooker traffic down, then. A co worker rented a place there last year, when her house burnt. One night, she was sitting on the front steps. First, one of the girls gave her hell for taking her space; then the cops wanted to know where she lived....other than the entertainment, she couldn't wait to get out of there.

Actually thought of buying a house on Cliff Street, but I had a teenage daughter.......need I say more?

BTW, a very good friend of mine did her OTJ training with the Saint John Police after Holland College. 22 years old, tall, blond, attractive, guess where she wound up? My God, I teased her....."Hey, Darlin', how's tricks?"

She busted one guy after another......she told me "They are sooooo stupid". Because of the law, and rules for her own safety, there were a large number of things that should have tipped off any potential customer.....like for instance the bulge caused by her LARGE Beretta 92F 9mm pistol.........I won't get into the rest as I don't want this to be a primer on hiring hookers.........

Proof though, that men can only think with one head at a time.

Edited to say:

This was summer of 2005, she is a full time officer in Halifax now.