Expansion in Fredericton

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
Recently theres been a massive growth spurt in Fredericton. The city is building two new rinks and renovating a third. Theres a Walmart being built on the north side and a Home depot on the south side. The old walmart moving out of the Regent mall and beside the new home depot. All sorts of box stores are moving in beside home depot as well: Montanas, a Petstore, craftstore, etc etc... Also, a whole bunch of new townhouses have been built all over the city.

My question is: where are all these people coming from?! I figure some people will come shopping from up north (for those who are closer to Fredericton than Moncton). The new 4 lane thats (slowly) being built in that direction might have something to do with it as well.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Ahhhh, 'Fredtown.' I've spent over a year total at CFB Gagetown on various army courses and spent many a Friday and Saturday night drinking way too much and Saturdays going to the only mall in town.

Note I haven't been there since about 1988. I guess maybe it's changed a little since then :)

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Finder said:
hmmm sounds like a Toronto city block may have moved there. We wouldn't notice that as we have that much growth in about a week. lol.

LOL. Good one.

We have lots of crap here you can have too, not Giant Tiger though, I'm keeping all of them. :lol:

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
RE: Expansion in Frederic

This is by far the biggest growth weve had in a while. About a year ago we got a Futureshop and a HMV. Before that I guess the Walmart expanded.

I was only 3 years old in 1988, but we still only have one useful mall, although its 99% outdated clothing stores. We cant forget about the brookside mall (half the stores are walled up with pictures of stores painted on the front)

That reminds me, the Fredericton mall is also changing into a strip mall instead of a walk through mall. Everything past Shoppers drug mart is closed off. Pets unlimited is moving from its own building into the mall, and theres rumours of a Gap.