Ghosts/Spirits/Apparitions - IN THE MARITIMES.

Roger

Nominee Member
May 2, 2006
Atlantic
www.exporail.org
I include the Gaspe Coast and the North Shore of the St. Lawrence on this one, since they consider themselves justly as Maritime Canadians.

Not looking for Ghost Stories, like "The Phantom Ship of the Chaleur", but actual sightings of the dead or unexplained. It can be something either witnessed by you or someone you wouldn't doubt.

There's a lot of this out there in this region, please include without divulging your exact geographic location if the incident/occurance took place on the coast, inland, in flat or rugged terrain, time of day, and if remembered, climatic conditions and time of year.

Who's first?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
On certain foggy nights on the West Side,people claim to have seen the ghostly image of a fisherman in full oilskins and souwester,carrying a large fish on his shoulder.

Roger

Nominee Member
May 2, 2006
Atlantic
www.exporail.org
That might not be a ghost....

In the area, there's a house overlooking the coast where a man died. I don't know what his marriage was like, but the widow kept seeing him in the house, and occasionally, even outside in the yard.

I don't know how many people saw him beyond his wife, I heard other family members saw him as well. Mostly, he was seen sitting in a chair in the parlour.

The widow got to the point where she took action and it was about the strangest thing I've ever heard of in a paranormal situation...

Instead of moving away, she MOVED THE HOUSE to property they owned, directly across the road from where the house had been. She virtually mirrored the yard, making the house the same distance from the road, but the house was turned 180 degrees.

I regret to report that nobody knows if the deceased is still seen in his house, or if the radical move of the house has resolved the situation.

You'd think the ghost would be pissed off at her for taking the view from the living room away, eh??

bignick

Aug 7, 2006
Toronto
RE: Ghosts/Spirits/Appari

hey Big Nick Reilly here to all ya ghostly freaks out there check out Ridge valley road in Halifax N.S. I used to live in 25 Ridge Valley right next to where it all happened hmm haaa

maggieharris

Mar 30, 2009
Maggie Harris

Hi,
I searched the internet for this site, because I used to live on Ridgevalley road too. #176 Ridgevalley Road. I want to hear what you have to say. When I first moved there in 1978, I heard about a tragedy two houses down from me. A father had backed over his two-year old daughter in his car and she died. Soon after we moved there, my brother became depressed and eventually hung himself in 1989. I myself began experiencing depression and had to be hospitalized in 1987. My mother developed cancer and died in 1995. My younger sister also began suffering extreme depression, and it seemed like bad luck was following my family, and any other family in the area severely. Several years ago, a 12 year-old boy living in #176 drowned in chocolate lake. At the other end of Ridgevalley road, I recall a woman who fell to her death from Ridgeway Towers. Why so much trauma in one area? I read a post about some witnesses who saw strange things happen on ridgevally road. To this day, I think there is something sinister in this area. Anything you can add?

Sincerely,
M.Harris