Saint John ByElection

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I just returned from doing the voting thing: it took over half an hour to get my ballot because of the scrutineers going over all of us with a fine tooth comb.Luckily,I was on the voters lists,but still had to produce some ID to get the ballot. Another new wrinkle here,4 manning each poll[and I had to be checked off by two of them]. This is a bit discouraging to some who believe in the democratic right to vote.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Re: RE: Saint John ByElection

Reverend Blair said:
Is there a history of election fraud there, or are the parties playing games to try to intimidate each other and suck up resources?
That was what I was sensing...and seeing our little weasel of a premier up the street at the Carleton nursing home & the 50 million he threw at us during the campaign. Rev: one of the guys at the Poll knew me well and i still had to go thru that crap. I emailed him after .

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Dr. Doherty wins.

Seems to be a good man. I have friends that have known him for years, and they speak very well of him.

Unlike Paul Zed, who is as odiferous a bit of pond scum as has ever floated in the Liberal pool.

I have heard tales......

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Paul Zed's character,or lack of one,is a non issue with me. In the short time since he was elected,he has brought literally millions of badly needed dollars into my area. This is something that Elsie Wayne[PC] couldn't do in all her years in Ottawa. In fact,when I think about the topic,she probably cost us more than we'll ever know..job losses, federal funding,etc. Would I vote for Zed this time? You bet.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I do agree with you, missile, that Zed did a lot to undo the damage done by Elsie Wayne. I cannot understand why she kept getting re-elected. Who do the tories have offering? Last election, it was a no-brainer: there was not choice except Zed.

And now that he isn't part and parcel of the Irving clan, maybe he won't have that air of bought-and-paid for.