Saint John PC Candidate

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Deputy Mayor Michelle Hooten has decided to leave local politics after only roughly 1/2 a term and use all her experience as the local PC candidate in the upcoming Federal election.Does she have a chance against incumbent Paul Zed? I wouldn't want to place a bet on the outcome :)

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Please ignore my stupidity in the last post. I was WRONG!!It's a provincial byelection to fill the seat vacated by NDP Elizabeth Weir and will be held on Nov.14[my own riding,too!] I will try in the future not to take my news from a radio 98 second newscast. :( :oops:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
missile said:
Please ignore my stupidity in the last post. I was WRONG!!It's a provincial byelection to fill the seat vacated by NDP Elizabeth Weir and will be held on Nov.14[my own riding,too!] I will try in the future not to take my news from a radio 98 second newscast. :( :oops:

Whose the NDP candidate, missile? I've heard rumours that it is a good friend of mine from school.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I really don't know if they're going to contest this one. Elizabeth Weir is one hard act to follow.People just voted for her and not the party.Same as when Elsie Wayne was elected over and over..everybody just loved her! Weir just took a job with the governing PCs here/strange bedfellows in politics :)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Alison Brewer is the new NDP leader, but the stories I hear suggest she isn't going to run in this byelection.

I would have voted for Elizabeth if she was in my riding, even though I don't agree with some of the NDP policies; she was such a good opposition MLA, we needed her.

Elsie Wayne, on the other hand, was pretty much useless. Narrow minded, small town mentality. The funniest thing on earth is to see Elsie at every hockey game, doing the "YMCA" thing when they play that song....I always want to point out to her that she hates anything to do with gay people, and here she is, standing up, doing the whole thing.....

What is interesting about Hooton running for the PC party now is that she was one of the main opponents of the LNG deal....which, as I understand it, was really dumped onto the city by the Province in a back room deal.....

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
Hooten's signs are up already[just 0fficially became the candidate last night]. Proud to admit that I never cast a vote for Elsie :lol: