P.E.I. police force threatens to play Nickelback to drunk drivers

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
P.E.I. police force threatens to play Nickelback to drunk drivers
THE CANADIAN PRESS
First posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 08:43 AM EST | Updated: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 08:50 AM EST
KENSINGTON, P.E.I. — A police department in western Prince Edward Island is threatening to impose the Nickelback treatment on anyone who drinks and drives.
The Kensington Police Service shared a social media post over the weekend promising drunk drivers will be listening to one of the Canadian band’s tunes while riding in the back seat of a cruiser if they’re arrested.
Const. Robb Hartlen says on Facebook that if you’re foolish enough to get behind the wheel after drinking then a tune performed by lead singer Chad Kroeger and the band “is the perfect gift for you.”
He says if the department doesn’t have to arrest anyone for impaired driving, it will avoid him having to “ruin a perfectly good unopened copy of Nickelback.”
The band has been a huge commercial success, with multiple Juno wins, but is also gleefully maligned by some detractors.
It has been the subject of spiteful petitions, protests and a Chicago mayor was once pressured into clarifying he wasn’t a fan.
Kroeger told The Canadian Press in a 2014 interview that the critics have actually done the band a favour by heightening the public discussion about the group.
P.E.I. police force threatens to play Nickelback to drunk drivers | Canada | New

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've got their 2001 album (it was released on 9/11). One or two good songs on it.