The Newfoundland Ferry

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Imagine your a truck driver who has to deliver groceries from the mainland to THE ROCK. A buddy of mine has been stranded at the port to come home for three days and is now just getting away. The joys of being a Maritime Trucker. Ugh. Anyhow, an old army buddy posted the video below of the Ferry in bad weather. Check it out, If I visit the rock I'll fly.

Newfoundland Ferry in massive waves!! - YouTube

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
It's called weather and there's lot of it in Canada.

For the landlubbers here-waves are always worse close to the coast I know it makes little sense to you but it makes my fingers sore to type long explanations you can google it if you care to.

Also-those waves are just on the little old Atlantic-if you want some real action come and play on the Big Boy Ocean aka the Mighty Pacific.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another. ~ Lucretius

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
That ship is in some serious trouble - if that's a chance blow.

...Otherwise, you wonder what goes on in a man's mind when schedule takes up more room than safety. At that point, all he could do was point her into the sea because coming about is going to tip her....

Never heard anything on the news ... so it was just another day

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Quite a few decades back the Ferry from NB to PEI was stuck in ice and turned into an 18 hr trip.
Guy delivering beer to the Island opened up a side business. No issues, no problems.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So it turns out that's not the Newfoundland Ferry At All it's a ship in the Cook Strait in New Zealand see my remarks about the Pacific Ocean.
You do know that Pacific is the definition or translation of calm ?