Favorite Cheese.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I like just about all cheeses but my favorite is probably Cheddar. I like
just about all Cheddar as long as it isn't Craft slices or Cheese Whiz.
The best Cheddar is old "Rat Trap".

Rat Trap Cheddar

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
gouda, parmesan, harvati, old cheddar (white), and on and on, anything that isn't rottin looking or
tasting.

we should hear from JLM about his favourite cheese soon. I tried it as a sample in the store, had
to spit it back into my napkin, and file it away in the bin. lol

sorry JLM, you enjoy it for me, or better yet, for you.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Lorraine cheese:

The best!

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I don't know if I prefer a specific brand; we've always been a quantity before quality society, but I've fallen in love with imported Gouda from the Netherlands. I buy mine at the Granville market.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I do have to add Brie as a close second to swiss. Melted with cranberries and pinenuts, or pesto, or roasted red peppers. Put on a burger with mango salsa, or in a sandwich with turkey and cranberry sauce... so yummy, so versatile.

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
Pine River Co-op Extra Old Cheedar Cheese purchased direct from the Co-op. Too bad a fire last year temporarily stopped production. I can remember my Uncle Jimmy in the '50's coming back from Ripley ON with his trunk filled to overflowing with PR cheese for neighbours & friends.
Now most any Cheddar aged 2 years or more has a great bite however I really enjoy Balderson 5 year old
If I'm going to do a wine, cheese & fruit the one cheese that is a must has to be Oka

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Danish Blue

Pine River Co-op Extra Old Cheedar Cheese purchased direct from the Co-op. Too bad a fire last year temporarily stopped production. I can remember my Uncle Jimmy in the '50's coming back from Ripley ON with his trunk filled to overflowing with PR cheese for neighbours & friends.
Now most any Cheddar aged 2 years or more has a great bite however I really enjoy Balderson 5 year old
If I'm going to do a wine, cheese & fruit the one cheese that is a must has to be Oka

Balderson 5 year old is excellent, but nothing like Mapledale's 10 year old!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
If you like strong cheese, and are either in NB or Toronto, there is a place in NB that makes goat and sheep cheese, bergerie aux quatre vents, their cheese is sold in a specialty cheese place in Toronto, it's really, really good. Very strong flavour, but for those who like specialty cheeses, it's definitely worth a try.

It's a little farm B and B, went there a couple of times to buy cheese from the woman at her kitchen door. In NB, it's sold at the gourmet cheese shop on Main St in Moncton, apparently.