Lamb Chops.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have our grandson with us for the next few days. Tonight I thought I would braise some lamb chops. These are shoulder chops not the loin chops with about a teaspoon of meat on each one. There are three to eat and I have nine chops. I have some nice onions
and I have mint almost taking over the garden. I just picked up a few pounds of tiny new potatoes. Should be able to make a nice meal with that along with some beautiful fresh carrots. Any suggestions?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
well, if you're married to the idea of potatoes, then you probably won't like my suggestion, but, I recently had the pleasure of climbing up to the Ferryland lighthouse for a picnic, and they served an orzo salad with mint that I think would be simply smashing served with lamb. Some of your garden carrots, some cherry tomatoes, garden onion or chives, and some chopped mint... it would be so yum. There are numerous recipes for similar salads online that you could easily tweak.

Or, if you'd rather stick to potatoes, perhaps a mint chutney to serve on the side with the lamb?

Dingus

Born too late
May 19, 2010
Billericay
Melt a little butter in a pan and lightly braise the onions before searing and sealing the chops. When coloured lightly empty pan into dish and stick in oven on about 160 - 180.
Meanwhile wash (dont scrape or peel) the spuds in salted water for about 20 mins. Drain, gently crush (dont mash) the spuds (jusy enough to break the skins). Throw in a generous knob of butter and some finely chopped mint and toss all together. Serve with boiled or roasted carrots, the chops and gravy. If you want more mint flavour, tear some mint leaves and infuse in the hot gravy prior to serving. ENJOY!

I feel a whole new theme coming on!

We have our grandson with us for the next few days. Tonight I thought I would braise some lamb chops. These are shoulder chops not the loin chops with about a teaspoon of meat on each one. There are three to eat and I have nine chops. I have some nice onions
and I have mint almost taking over the garden. I just picked up a few pounds of tiny new potatoes. Should be able to make a nice meal with that along with some beautiful fresh carrots. Any suggestions?

Just a thought. If you have LOADS of mint, why not make mint sauce or mint jelly (which will last for ages) or even a mint wine which is quite refreshing?;-)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
well, if you're married to the idea of potatoes, then you probably won't like my suggestion, but, I recently had the pleasure of climbing up to the Ferryland lighthouse for a picnic, and they served an orzo salad with mint that I think would be simply smashing served with lamb. Some of your garden carrots, some cherry tomatoes, garden onion or chives, and some chopped mint... it would be so yum. There are numerous recipes for similar salads online that you could easily tweak.

Or, if you'd rather stick to potatoes, perhaps a mint chutney to serve on the side with the lamb?

These potatoes are netted gems but they are as small, some smaller, than marbles and I've already made a fuss about these great potatoes so I am kind of stuck. The mint chutney would work great. Thanks. Little carrots out of the garden are a real treat.

We have grown a bushel or two of basil. Later on today I'm making Pesto sauce to freeze in meal size portions.